No matter what happens, you can be assured that we will have some great greyhound racing going on in our 6 feature stakes events on the card.
So let's get to in the 4th race for Monday night at the Orange Park Kennel Club.
1. Miami On Fire (San Tan Riffraff - Gottagetitdone) this nice looking pup has fallen of tough times. No break, finding trouble, and not shot to win. He needs to come out better and get a clean trip if he wants to rebound.
2. Ethel's Pick (Flying Penske - M's Elizabeth) has shown some late speed in the past, but needs to be closer early on. She is up in class and looked that was in round 1. The post helps, let's see her effort.
3. Celtic Pup (Droppys Vieri - Crystal Chrysler) used to be all about breaking, but that talent has gone far, far away. Against this talented field, she has to find her way back to the lead for a shot to move on in the stakes.
4. Gs Quasimoto (Afleet Alex - Gm's Peachykeen) showed off his skills in round 1 and even though he didn't win, he made a bold late run. Warming up at the right time, he will make it interesting tonight.
5. Cincy Red (Stretchthetruth - Cb Helen Goldy) has the skills to be in the hunt in this race, she just needs to get out of the box quickly. Round one no break & trouble. Looking for a better trip in this effort.
6. Kane's Pawnee (Dodgem By Design - Summer Showers) was left at the break in round 1 and he doesn't need a repeat in this one. With a bit of close on his side, he could be an outside shot if he comes out quickly.
7. Hs Babe (Flying Stanley - Kiowa Brownsugar) was an easy winner in round 1 and looks to keep it going in this effort. She needs another quick break, but it is not going to be easy. IE, look at the 8 box!
8. Kiowa Mc Gee (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Kiowa Wild Color) is a monster on the front end and proved that in round 1 with the best effort in the round. If he clears again, the race will be for place again tonight.
Tough on here as we have two first round winners battling it out to try and stay undefeated. To me, even though she didn't run as quick as Mc Gee did in round 1, Hs Babe gets my nod as she is way more consistent. She can run with or without the lead and will continue to keep up the good work in this effort. She likes it on the edges and the 7 box is a good spot for her to start from. All she has to do is keep on keeping on, and she will factor for the win tonight. Up next, the other winner, Kiowa Mc Gee. This greyhound is as fast as he wants to be and if he does make the lead in this one, RACE OVER! He would rather be midtrack, but may clear close from the outside in this effort. If he decides it's time to run, he might even factor from off the pace. Speaking of closers, Gs Quasimoto has to be considered a threat after his first round performance. He made up ground throughout in that race and put a scare into the leader in the stretch. Although he finished second, he flashed some of that talent that he has been holding in secret for a while now. Watch out if breaks well tonight as he still has the best raw speed of any greyhound in this race. Miami On Fire's lines don't look that great, but this pup just needs to have a clean trip to forget about all of those issues. He is Still 6 of 9 in the quiniela in his career, and has enough close to factor at the end of this race. Starting from the 1 box he should be able to get around, and even though winning might not be within his sites tonight, factoring in the superfecta should be. (7-8-4-1)
The second stakes event on the card comes our way in race 7.
1. Sugar Time (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Hoochie Goochie) is all about breaking and all about the rail and gets one of two to start with in this effort. The breaking is still up to her, but if she gets the lead, she is tough to beat out.
2. Sayitwasseth (Deerfield Site* - Mystic Opal) was running hot coming into the stakes, but major trouble in the 1st turn derailed him in that effort. From a favorable post, look for him to be a late threat tonight.
3. Scottish Dreamer (Droppys Vieri - Crystal Chrysler) was a surprise winner in round one, but if she keeps breaking, she might just put up another one tonight. Could it be back to back jacks? Maybe.
4. Hanks All Smiles (Deco Deano - Zam Turbo Blitz) is still a young puppy, but has shown some closing ability from dear old dad in almost all of her starts. She likes it midtrack, so game on again in this effort.
5. Pat C Shiraz (Black Shiraz - Paradise) is not the same greyhound without the lead, and he didn't get it in round 1. Here he needs to find the speed from the box. Why? It's his only chance to contend.
6. Where's Donna (Craigie Whistler - Pa's Elway Drive) can't be overlooked in this effort, even though she has not factored twice in a row. She has speed, close, and talent, she just needs to put it all together once again.
7. Ww Ilene's Time (Ww Time Warp - Isabels Iodine) has some good early speed, but can be short at the end of the race. This grade D greyhound is way over her head against this field, but with trouble behind, you never, never know.
8. Kelsos Spiffy (Kelsos Fusileer - Kelso Gabriella) is the fastest greyhound in this race by far and clearly the one to beat, well that is if she WANTS to run. She has great closing speed, and can break too. Anywhere close early, she will put up a dominate win.
Easily the choice here will be Kelsos Spiffy. When this greyhound gets her nose out around the lead, she is something to contend with. She has fantastic closing ability and can even break on occasion and punish grade A fields. She has way more speed than and rest of this field and the 8 box might just be her ticket to getting around the leaders at the start. The only all grade A line showing greyhound in this race, she is the one to beat. Scottish Dreamer has to be looked to as a threat in this race after her first round performance. She clearly could be the one to beat from the box and if she gets the lead again, she might have a shot at back to back winning efforts. She has been caught late in the past and could be again tonight. Flying high off a personal best, she might be ready to do it again. Hanks All Smiles might not be a threat to the early leaders in this effort, but she can enough late speed to be a factor in the stretch. She will be closing up throughout in this effort from a favorable post position and hopes to keep up the good work. At 10-1 in her last trip, she could be a good price play in your superfectas. Sayitwasseth needs to forget about that last trip and make amends for it in this effort. He had really been running well before the 1st round and needs to get back to that form tonight. His closing speed is top notch and when he is on, he can hang with the best of them at the racetrack. This rail loving pup is starting from the 2 box and that is close enough to factor in this effort. If he can break at all, he could be dangerous throughout this effort. (8-3-4-2)
More stakes racing action in the 1st half of the forced out Twin-Tri , here in race 10 on the card.
1. Ww's Gucci (Fuzzys Cannon - Ww's Flame) is a solid grade A competitor that can close on strong at the end of the race. She likes the post and it should help them continue her 4 race in the money streak here.
2. Really Xtreme (Afleet Alex - Xtreme Hustler) ran a game 2nd in the 1st round and believe me when I tell you, he was not HAPPY! He was the pre-race favorite and will do his best to prove it in this race.
3. Kb's Iron Mike (Lonesome Cry - Kb's Mossy Tek) closed well in round 1 and was around for the duration near the leaders. From a better post in this effort, he might just give even more. If he finds his break, he could be a handful for the competition.
4. Kiowa Sue Manny (Kiowa Mon Manny - Kiowa Sweet Sue) was left at the break in round 1 and never rallied. Tonight this strong closer is looking to get back into form and factor. The midtrack post might just help in that effort.
5. Playboy Joe (Joe Hearns - Too Late) too instant command in his first round race and made it look too easy on the front end. Here he will need to come out running again if he wants a repeat effort.
6. General Sherm (Deerfield Site* - Mystic Opal) was also a winner in round 1 as the closer held off all challengers on the front end. With 5 efforts in a row in the money, you know he is going to be around again.
7. Pat C Dreamrider (Lansley Bale - Pat C No Harmony) could be in a world of hurt once again in this effort. This grade D greyhound is frankly over his head against these talented grade A greyhounds. His only shot, is to break on top.
8. Touch My Hand (Coldwater Kellin - Midnight Venture) is a good early speed rusher that just missed taking home a first round win in the stretch. He will like it outside and has enough to see the lead again tonight, but the real question is, Can he hold on to it and win?
This race is going to be the toughest of the evening. We have a load of talent here with six of the eight greyhounds in this field finished in the money in the first round, including a pair of first round winners. Almost everyone has a shot and it is going to come down to who wants it more. So, with that being said, let's go with Really Xtreme. This greyhound has the most stakes experience and from another good post, he is going to be too close too soon not to win this effort. He is the fastest of this field and after a strong second last time out, he will find another gear and get things done tonight. He will be the favorite to win, and this race is his to lose. Touch My Hand is the best early speed greyhound in this race and should be the one to catch late. He also likes the post position and it might just go a long way to get him away from the field enough to threaten for the win. If he can get some help behind him, he might just have a shot to upset tonight. Kb's Iron Mike was a threat throughout in the 1st round and that is just what you are going to get again in this effort. He is a solid grade A runner that has been in the hunt a lot recently. He has more wins than anyone else in this field showing in grade A, and should be considered a factor for the win. If he gets loose early on, I don't know if they can get to him before the finish line. If he doesn't break, he will still close and threaten. Watch out for him in this effort from a pretty darn good post. Ww's Gucci gets no accolades, but has run pretty tough against the top competition at the racetrack recently. With 4 efforts in a row in the money, three of which came from similar inside posts, she should be able to keep up the tough running against this talented field. (2-8-3-1)
The fourth of six stakes events on the card, the 11th race offers some of our top talents.
1. Pat C Careless (Elway Drive - Pat C Cutiepie) is new to the top grade, but has proven in the past that she can hang. The thing that she is dreading most is the post. This wide runner, has to make due from here.
2. Vanessa Rousso (Kelsos Fusileer - Ctw Gossip News) is a bit strong closer that sat in the box too long in round 1. After trouble, and a fall, she was out of it. Clearly the fastest in the field, she needs to take care of business.
3. Gs Tee Up (Afleet Alex - Gm's Peachykeen) was a game threat in round 1 and that is just what you will get again in this effort. Posted better toward the inside tonight, winning is not out of the realm of possibility.
4. Craigie Ironlad (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Greys Starwishes) can come on with the best of them in the stretch and is running in tip top form right now. With six straight in the money, you know what kind of effort you are getting tonight.
5. May's Flora (Can You Hear Me - Kb's Mayflower) has early speed like no one else in this race. Clearly she is going to be in the lead, but the stretch run might be difficult for her again tonight. Can she steal enough to win?
6. Cheyenne Rascal (Kiowa Mon Manny - Payday Robin) another early speed greyhound that is the threat to the stretch most of the times that she runs. With 5 of 6 efforts in the superfecta, she could be a sleeper pick tonight.
7. Wkl Marly Carly (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Wkl Whitefeather) has some early speed of her own and was trying to use it in round 1 before she ran into trouble. Her only hope in this race, is to come out on top.
8. Gm's Giovanni (Oya Tom Terrific - Gs Flame) loves the outside and gets it again in this race. In round 1 a personal best win from this starting box. Could history repeat itself again tonight? Yes, yes it could!
No doubt about who is going to the early lead in this effort, just a doubt about who is going to run her down before the finish line. The best two possibilities are Vanessa Rousso and Gm's Giovanni. Of the pair, I'll go with the experience. I'll take Vanessa Rousso. I know she missed her break and fell last time out, but tonight it's rebound time. She loves this rail post and will come out closer to the leaders at the start. In the stretch no one is better and that will be the difference maker in this effort. May's Flora has to get some respect for all of that early speed and if the closers slip up at all, she will be right there on the lead to take the checkered flag at the finish line. She has not missed the trifecta in 6 straight and I don't see that trend stopping anytime soon. Look for her to give her all throughout and for her to be right there at the wire with the winners of this effort. Gm's Giovanni is riding high off a personal best effort in the 1st round and draws the same post here in round 2. He has shown that he has what it takes to be a winner and if the mood suits him again tonight, he could have back to back trips with a victory. The post and the break are the most important parts of this effort, without the lead he can be suspect. Gs Tee Up must not get overlooked here either. This greyhound just missed in round 1 and gets a better rail post to start from in this race. He can won from in here in just his last 6 races and could surprise them all again tonight. If he comes to run, he could easily win this race, and even if he sits a bit early, he has the speed to play catch up. Don't forget about him in your wagers. (2-5-8-3)
Second to the last stakes race come to you from the 12 race on the card for Monday evening.
1. My Choice (Lonesome Cry - Nauset Lass) stalked the leader throughout in round 1 and with a great rail post tonight, you will get more of the same. This greyhound is tough near the lead & the post aides her enough to factor.
2. Kiowa Ww Trusty (Kay V Tatoo Tony - Ww Gale Cupid) is feeling the competition here in the stakes round. He is a grade D, and those grade A greyhounds are really fast. His only shot is to channel his father, and beat the field from the box.
3. Really Gonnarock (Afleet Alex - Xtreme Hustler) waited too long to fire in round 1 and couldn't get free. Tonight He looks to make amends from a way more midtrack post position. Watch out for him late.
4. Sir Oliver (Hallo West Acre - Granpas Princess) is a solid chasing greyhound that needs to be close early on in order to be effective. If she can stalk the pace, she will keep her in the money string going.
5. Z Sevinteawon (Mulberry Gus - Greys Red Ribbon) has stepped up his game over his last couple of starts and shown off some late speed in the process. The 5 box in not his friend and might be his downfall tonight.
6. Hs Butane (Ben Awhile - Flying Santan) was on quite a roll before the 1st round, but with no break, it stopped there. He is clearly a better greyhound than that effort, and tonight he will prove it to everyone.
7. Payday Lily (Kiowa Mon Manny - Payday Robin) will need every ounce of her early speed at the start of this effort. She runs her best near the lead, but without the front end, she is not the same greyhound. If she clears, she will contend.
8. Mohican Sol Trip (Deerfield Site* - Sol Tulsa) is a long way from the rail and will need all of his late speed power in order to have a shot tonight. If he can get inside, and everything goes his way, he might factor.
Looking to make amends, the duo from the Lester Raines Kennel are poised to make some noise in this effort. Really Gonnarock and Hs Butane both didn't contend every well in round 1 and have shown much better against tougher fields in the past. Slight edge to Gonnarock in this effort as he is posted up better and has the late speed edge. Butane might be able to see the lead in this race, but holding on to might just be a different matter. If both of these greyhounds come to run in this effort, it is going to be a big battle for kennel bragging rights. My Choice likes the rail, gets the rail, and as long as she breaks, she should be around throughout in this effort. She ran a big race in round one and took home the place position at 16-1. After that performance, she need not be overlooked in this effort, especially from the rail. It's all on her, but she has the skills, let's see if she puts them to good use. Sir Oliver is more of the same as My Choice. This greyhound can hang as long as he is close early on and that is just where he wants to be in this effort. He likes this post, even though he runs on the rail, and has good success from here in the past. He has great closing parents, and somewhere deep inside, he might just be hiding that late speed component. If he wants to run, he will be somewhere in the super at the wire. (3-6-1-4)
Capping off the stakes rounds for Monday, let's turn to race 13 on the card at the Orange Park Kennel Club.
1. Ww Von Kay Stove (Deerfield Site* - Gale Ww Von Kay) is a wide runner stuck in the 1 box! OUCH, not to mention that she is up against the wall in the competition level too. This could be a long night.
2. MRL Tatum (Mankato - Bow Fast Draw) is better than his line show and has enough talent and speed to win this effort, especially from a rail post position. If he gets clear early, he will be around late.
3. Fan This Flame (Kiowa Mon Manny - Nurse Ratched) has been roughed up in grade A so far and needs a break to get back into the mix. She has good closing speed, she just needs an opportunity to use it. The near midtrack post might help.
4. Mays Falco (Can You Hear Me - Kb's Mayflower) is clearly the best early speed greyhound in this effort, well that is if he remembers how to break. Once in front he is tough, but can he get there? If he finds his form, game over.
5. Craigie All Hd (Lonesome Cry - Craigie Gotsome) is a big time closer that has been making up ground consistently over the last several starts. Posted well in this effort, he will be making a move in the stretch, but will it be a little to late?
6. Gs Prada (Get Over - Nichole's Andrea) is begging for a clean trip around the track to show just what she can do. In her last two races, troublesville, but before that, she was threatening. If she gets loose, she could steal away the win.
7. Pat C Bk Shiraz (Black Shiraz - Paradise) has been in grade A before, but that was when he has breaking well. He has not seen that box speed in a while and his only hope here, is that it returns in this effort.
8. Sheer Energy (Flying Penske - Kiowa Greg Beth) can close a bit at the end of the race and the outside post might just give him more room to do that. If he can get close early on, he could threaten late in race effort.
This race should be BOX TO WIRE time for May's Falco. This greyhound is clearly the best of the bunch tonight and all he has to do is remember how to break. Previous to his last couple of efforts, he was tearing up the racetrack and even won back to back grade A races on the front end. Here with the extra room around him at the start, he hits the lid, takes command, and hold on throughout for the win. Trying to chase him down before the finish line should be the trio of Gs Prada, Craigie All Hd, and Mrl Tatum. All three greyhounds has good late speed and could have a shot at getting it done before the finish line. Prada gets the biggest chance as the only other greyhound in the field with a grade A winning showing in her lines. She has the tools to get it all done, she just needs a clean trip in order to contend. Craigie All Hd has the best closing speed in the bunch and the most opportunity to get by everyone late if he is stalking early on. He is also running hot, which gives him an added incentive in this race. Following the speed from the box and to the turn, he could be a longshot winner tonight. Mrl Tatum is better than his line show, especially from the inside post positions. He likes it in here and can come on quick at a moment's notice. He just needs room to make it all happen and he just might get it here in this race.
Round three will run on Friday evening at the Orange Park Kennel Club. The field will be cut down and only best will be moving on to compete for the championship. Mark your calendars as the fields get shorter and competition gets longer at the Orange Park Kennel Club.