Another weekend, another great set of feature races here at the Orange Park Kennel Club.
Loads of talent run thru our 4 main events on the weekend over both 550 and 660 yards. We even get to see a couple of stakes winners from this year in competition.
So whether you come to the racetrack, tune in live on the internet, or watch the replays, you will have plenty to exciting in store for you.
Join us here at the Orange Park Kennel Club.
Feature race one comes in the 15th on the card for Friday evening over 660 yards.
1. Holly Noelle (Cricket Express - Solitary Camile) loves the one box and gets it here again in this race. 3 starts in 6 races from here, 2 wins and 3 quiniela finishes. Questions?
2. Eds Budby (Domingo Dodge - Cherokee Queen) is always closing, but has missed his break in 2 straight. Here the Orange Park Derby Winner is finally on the rail, this is really bad news for this field.
3. Changeling (Craigie Whistler - Magic Niki Nite) is tough as long as she is close early on in races. Against this talented grade A field, she is going to have to break well in order to contend.
4. La's Lucy (Get Over - Ruby Is The Best) is just getting warmed up again over 660. She has not missed the money in 4 straight, and closed last time out. Watch out if she gets loose.
5. Jean's Gypsy (Golddust Memory - Gifted Lex) made it back to grade A, but might just be in a bit over her head. Breaking is a necessity for her in this effort, and the 5 box is not going to help.
6. Hallo My Pear (Hallo West Acre - Kiowa Chil Cavel) is a good early speed greyhound that needs to steal a lead over 660 in order to factor. Against this field, no lead is safe, and she will need a big one.
7. Hallo Wonder Boy (Dodgem By Design - Mohican Milla) is a huge closer that will be making up ground throughout again tonight. On occasion he can break, and he likes the post, upset time?
8. Jjb Dibaba (Lonesome Cry - Joe's My Man) us riding high off of back to back wins, but these are the grade A greyhounds. Tonight she is going to have her hands full. Breaking is a must event.
Easy pickins in this race! I'll take the Orange Park Derby Winner, Eds Budby. Budby has not been breaking well and has had to come from off the pace to get up into contention late in his efforts. Now, finally, he draws a good rail post and that will be the separator in this effort. Look for his break to return and for him to dominate this field. Holly Noelle gets a look for 1 reason, the post position. She loves the rail and is a whole different greyhound from the red post. She has started from it in 3 of her last 5 races and she won twice and finished second in the other. Tonight, more of the same. La's Lucy is just starting to get her endurance back and that is going to make a difference in this race. She has the best raw speed of anyone in this field and if she gets loose, she could be the one to catch. Keep an eye out for her tonight. Hallo Wonder Boy is the best closer in the bunch and even though he won't be around early on, don't count him out of this race. He can break on occasion, i.e. look at his last effort from this post. A huge win by 8 lengths in a speedy 37.90 second romp. If he puts it all together again tonight, he could steal away another win. (2-1-4-7)
Saturday - 11/6/2010
The man over 550 is back in the 3rd feature race on the weekend, Saturday evening, race 15.
1. Mrl Tatum (Mankato - Bow Fast Draw) is a good closing puppy that is still learning how to run. He likes the rail, gets the one box, but he better not sit early on. A break is needed against the big boys.
2. Smokin Scamp (Go Joe Jester - Smokin Dizzy) lines might not look that great, but trust me when I tell you, this is the rail and that is a difference maker. Watch him find his break & contend.
3. Z Sevinteawon (Mulberry Gus - Greys Red Ribbon) has shown some good early speed and gets a good post position to start this race from. He has even won in grade A. Rising star power?
4. Paddy Whacker (Heart Rumble* - Spicy Candy) rested and ready, the kind has returned with back to back winning efforts. The 4 is not the 8 box, but close enough for a 3-peat!
5. Miss Sylvie (Fuzzys Cannon - Miss Kissable) is a solid grade A competitor that can hang with the best of them in any start. All she has to do is be close early and overcome the post tonight.
6. Kiowa Mon Dream (Kiowa Mon Manny - Kiowa Kays Dream) is a bit of an all or nothing greyhound, so the start of the race is critical to how he finishes. If he breaks, good, if he doesn't bad!
7. Mandy Of Ruckus (Fuzzys Cannon - Stormy Ruckus) another shipper for the new Red Oak Racing kennel that might just be able to run. We will have to see what she can do here.
8. Hs Butane (Ben Awhile - Flying Santan) has run well since his return and his break is looking sharp as ever. He is short late though and that could cost him again tonight. Last time here, a big win, repeat?
No doubt in my mind at all who is going to win this race, ok who should win this race, Paddy Whacker. Back after a needed rest, he has made it look too easy in the stretch as he has run down the leaders for fun in the stretch to steal away back to back wins. What was more impressive was that he did it from the 1 box in this last effort. This wide runner will be close early and unstoppable once again at the finish line. Hs Butane gets the post position edge in this race. His last race from this post he smoked the competition by 6 lengths in a speedy time. That was grade B though and this race is against one of the toughest greyhounds on the circuit. He did lead in his last 2 races though, so the break has returned, but I just don't think he can hold off the big dog in the stretch. Miss Sylvie should be around throughout in this effort. She has a good break, a great rush, and enough staying power to factor all the way thru the finish line. She just needs to come out well as the 5 box is not her friend. If it all goes well, she will contend. Last but not least in the money is Smokin Scamp. This greyhound loves the rail and turns into something special from these post positions. He breaks so much better, and in turn, he finishes so much better at the wire. If he does what he can do from this perfect post, he should find a way to factor in the money in this effort. (4-8-5-2)
Saturday - 11/6/2010
Race 2 of our feature races run on Saturday matinee in the 7th race on the card.
1. Wkl Marly Carly (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Wkl Whitefeather) seemed to be a bit over her head in grade A, but her last start proved that she is not. She almost won at 44-1. Can she do it again?
2. Big Drama (Get Over - Rooftop Flojo) is all about the rail and gets close enough here to do some damage. This closing machine will be an all out threat in the stretch again in this effort.
3. Miss Romy (Fuzzys Cannon - Miss Kissable) is as fast as she wants to be and can break & close in any race. All she needs to do is be close early & from this favorable post, she could be upset minded.
4. Pat C Yo Yo (Craigie Whistler - Pat C Delilah) has had a rough go of it as of late in grade A. She has not broke well and has found trouble. Her last win came from this post, so you never know.
5. Hanks Marsbar (Dodgem By Design - Hanks Cool Cat*) is all about breaking and it seems that he has forgotten how to do that in his last couple races. Today he needs to come out running.
6. Braska Deacon (Oshkosh Slammer - Cherry Baby) is a wildcard in this effort. he can well at Victoryland and schooled ok here. It's going to take a couple starts to see just what he has to offer up.
7. Hs Slade (Lonesome Cry - Flying Santan) is back over 550 yards and feeling right at home. He closes well over this distance and is hot off a win. From a great post, He could be the one to beat.
8. Kiowa One Spot (Dodgem By Design - Flying Gazette) might not be winning races, but she has been in the thick of it in each and every start. With a solid break & rush, she continues on today.
In this highly competitive race the slight edge goes out to Hs Slade. This greyhound can really close over 550 yards, and even though his attempt at 660 didn't go as planned, he came back and won over 550. Also working for him in this effort is the post position. He likes it outside and gets a favorable post here in the 7 box. All he has to do is stay clear of trouble, turn on the jets late, and take home back to back wins. Kiowa One Spot will be the one to catch in this effort. She has good early speed, a solid rush, and can hang around for the majority of this race on the front end. She is short in the stretch, but not short enough to give all the money positions away. She has not missed the cash in 6 straight, expect for the streak to continue on in this effort. Big Drama is the other posted up closer in this field that might have a shot to take home the win. She is ultra tough when she can get around close, so really her break is the most important part of this race. If she sits too long early on, she will just be making up ground on place, but if she comes out fast, the race might be for place. She has all the tools, it's up to her just what she does with them. Miss Romy is a threat in any race that she draws into. She is the typical DQ greyhound that can win with the front end, or come from off the pace and take you down before the wire. She has loads of speed and has the fastest time of all of the competitors in this field. With her it's all about desire. If she wants to run, she could easily take home the win, but if she sits in the box, her effort will not be the same. (7-8-2-3)
Sunday - 11/7/2010
Our final feature race of the weekend comes in the 11th race for Sunday matinee.
1. Pat C Sis N Law (Lonesome Cry - Pat C Velvet Sis) returns from Dubuque to Orange Park and looks ready to close and compete. The one box here is always a plus. Let's see if she is ready.
2. Kiowa Shag Along (Flying Stanley - Kiowa Shag Sue) is an early speed machine and can compete and even win against the best from the track, especially from the inside. A tough out today!
3. Rooftop Queen B (Super Lee - Rooftop Gumdrop) is back in grade A, but needs to find her break again is she is going to challenge for the win. From a good inside post, she has a shot, but will she step up?
4. Kiowa Samantha (Flying Stanley - Uss Wynona) has won 3 of her last 5 starts and each of those came on the lead. She is tough with her nose in front, she just needs to find a way to get there today.
5. Lrc Last Dance (Late Late Show - Hot Cargo) is coming off a rest and right back in with the sharks. He did look good in his warm up schooling race. Ready to rock and roll again, look for a late effort.
6. Wp's Clinton (Fuzzys Cannon - M's Countess Amy) can run with the best of them when he can get clear early, and from outside post, it might be clearing time. If he breaks on top, open up the bud.
7. Uss Fine Touch (Uss Raceway - Uss Glimmer) has missed her break in her last two races in a row, but previous to that she has won 3 of 4 trips. She is tough in front, she just needs to remember how to get there.
8. La's Silver (Be Discrete - La's Felisha) is the hottest greyhound running in this race. With back to back wins and 5 quinielas in 6 races, she is on fire. Breaking fast once again, it could be a hat-trick.
Tough race here with all of the early speeders and it being a matinee, but I like La's Silver. She is not as short at the end of the race as the other speeders are and she is running hotter than anyone else in the field. She likes it outside and should get room to rush and run early on. All she has to do is stock the early pace and she should be able to find a way to win this race at the finish line. Kiowa Shag Along has to be the best breaker in the bunch and probably the early leader too. She can be caught from behind and has only won, one of her last 4 efforts on the late lead in a race. She likes the rail and gets the post bonus in this effort. Hitting the lid again, she will be a big factor throughout in this race. Kiowa Samantha must not be over looked here either. This greyhound has a big upside on the front end. She has won 3 of her last 5 starts and those were coasting home on the lead wins. She likes it midtrack and is in a good post. All is going her way here, she just needs to start out on the right foot and she will have a shot at the upset. Uss Fine Touch is a ways from the rail in this effort and that might just be her biggest hurdle. She has all the skills to win this race and has 3 victories in her last 6 efforts. After missing her break in back to back efforts, she might just fine it again today. If she does make the lead, she could get back on the winning track. (8-2-4-7)