Another weekend, another great line up here at the Orange Park Kennel Club.
We have some fantastic greyhounds headed to post in our feature races, over both 550 and 660 yards, and a couple are looking to extend their winning streaks this weekend.
So strap on the muzzles and let's get ready to rumble here with the top grade terrors at the Orange Park Kennel Club.
The first feature race is the only 660 yard one that we will look at, and it comes in the 15th on the card for Friday Evening.
1. Kiowa Vic (Flying Hydrogen - Greg Kiowa Girl) is all about the rail and should be ready to rock and roll from this post position. Breaking fast, will be the key to how much effort he gives tonight.
2. Tipsy Brutus W (Tipsy Character - Jetstar Streaker) is running hot and dominated last time out to move back to grade A, but is he ready for back to back victories against a tough field from the same post? We will see.
3. JJB Dibaba (Lonesome Cry - Joe's My Man) is up a couple grades over his last few starts and might be a bit over her head in this effort. A quick break is her best attribute, she needs to use it tonight.
4. Eds Budby (Domingo Dodge - Cherokee Queen) has been the man over 660 yards all year since winning the Orange Park Derby. From the front, or from behind, the streak continues!
5. Changeling (Craigie Whistler - Magic Niki Nite) is posted up well in the midtrack part of the racetrack, and so far this time in A, she has been effective. Winning might be a stretch, but factoring again is not.
6. Wp's Lonesumdove (Lonesome Cry - Fuzzys Spider) gives a ton of effort if she is close to the early lead, without it, she has been suspect in the past. So if she wants to factor, she must come out running.
7. La's Lucy (Get Over - Ruby Is The Best) has not won since returning to 660 yard action, but she has been oh so close. Just missing last time out to Budby, tonight could be a repeat performance.
8. Kanuka (Fuzzys Cannon - Well Chosen) has been a longshot since making it back to grade A, and the trend should continue against this tough field. In order to have a hope, she has to be close early on.
No big surprise who I, and the rest of the free world, think is going to win this race, EDS BUDBY! Budby is such a treat to watch run. Whatever he has to do in any race, is just what he is going to do. He can break to the lead and race off alone, or he can come from off the pace and take home the win if he sits in the box. He has so many talents and he never, ever, gives up at any point in any race. He is a special greyhound and the best of the best at the Orange Park Kennel Club over 660 yards. La's Lucy must not be overlooked though. She took Budby to the wire last time out and gave a winning effort. Remember she clocked a 37.06 time earlier this year and that was equal to the fastest time in over the last 10 years at the Orange Park Kennel Club. She has only missed the money once since coming back to racing, tonight she gives her all and might just smell an upset. Kiowa Vic's lines might not look all that great, but this is the 1 box BABY! He loves it in here and gives his best efforts wearing the red blanket. He breaks better from here and in turn factors much better throughout the race. If he clears on the lead, he could be a tough cookie to crack. Tipsy Brutus W gets a look after some great races at the grade B level of competition. Now back in A, he looks ready to take on the top graders. He won his last by 8 lengths and had been in the trifecta in 4 straight races. Does that translate well to grade A? We will have to see, but like always I want to play those big closers to round out the superfecta. (4-7-1-2)
Saturday - 11/20/2010
The third feature race heads out to us in the 11th on the card for Saturday Evening.
1. Uss Fine Touch (Uss Raceway - Uss Glimmer) is in the best post possible. She is all about the rail and hot off a win, and back in grade A, she is looking to prove a point. If she hits the lid, she could steal one.
2. Hallo Mitch (Flying Penske - Sol Sassy) has really started to look like his old self over his last couple of races. With 4 wins in 6 races and a pair in a row, he's the one to beat! Posted well, MITCH, proves he's back!
3. Braska Happy (Lonesome Cry - Lobo Crystal) has not missed the money since coming to Orange Park. She has been breaking well and holding on in the money, even though she has been short. More of the same!
4. Orion Lee (Trent Lee - Hurry Hannah) is better than his lines show. He has not been breaking well and frankly, it has cost him over the last month. He can hang with any of these if he gets loose. Tonight could be the night.
5. Big Drama (Get Over - Rooftop Flojo) is a huge rail running closer that will be making up money throughout in this race. His biggest hurdle is the post, but if he can get inside, he will factor at the finish line.
6. Fth Tiger Lilly (Take It Over - Fth Moon Dancer) is solid grade A competitor that finds herself a far, far, way from home. She is all rail all the time and the 6 box, is not the rail. Breaking inside early, she could be in trouble here.
7. Smokin Scamp (Go Joe Jester - Smokin Dizzy) has been in A for 6 starts, but it has been a bit Jekyll and Hyde. When he breaks & gets to the rail, PARTY ON, if he doesn't, PARTY OFF. Tonight he needs the former.
8. Kiowa Mc Gee (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Kiowa Wild Color) has got his head on right and has won back to back races in box to wire fashion. When clear he is really fast, but is he up to the challenge for a third straight time?
The early battle in this race will be on the inside part of the racetrack. Uss Fine Touch might be the best breaker, but Hallo Mitch is the best greyhound and I feel these two greyhounds are going to make some noise in this effort. Both have the opportunity to win this race and it all comes down to who wants it more. That would be Mitch. He is running hotter, has been against better competition, and has been dominating as of late with 4 wins in 6 efforts and his last 2 races in a row. He has all the tools to get it done and even if he does get beat to the turn, he will prove best in the stretch. game props to Fine Touch though. I know she is going to come to run in this effort, especially from the 1 box, but no matter how much of a lead she can steal early on, she is destine for the runner up spot at the finish line. Braska Happy is also inside and should also be around the front end for the duration of this race. She has not missed the money so far at the Orange Park Kennel Club and tonight will not break that trend. She too has good early speed and has shown in the past that she too can hold on late on occasion and win. She can be short too, so you really don't know who is going to be running in the stretch. No matter what, she will give her all and factor throughout once again. Kiowa Mc Gee should not be overlooked in this race either. He has won back to back races and has looked extremely tough in the process. He has found his break and that has been bad for the previous two fields that he has raced against. Posted away from the inside crowd heading to the turn, he might just have a three-peat in his bag of tricks tonight. (2-1-3-8)
Saturday - 11/20/2010
The second feature event on the weekend comes your way in the 11th race on the card for Saturday Matinee.
1. Tjays Champ (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Cedarun Saturn) has shown some great early speed since joining the Orange Park Kennel Club. Now up in grade A, can he keep it up? Yes, but holding on might be a bit tougher.
2. Smokin Snoopy (Go Joe Jester - Smokin Dizzy) is back off a rest and didn't even gets a chance to show off in her last effort. Now in a better rail post, things could be different. WILDCARD today!
3. Kiowa One Spot (Dodgem By Design - Flying Gazette) needs to forget the last effort and get back on track in this race. With a good post and closing speed, she is poised for shot at a victory.
4. Kiowa Kind Gel (Flying Penske - Kiowa Oneofakind) might just be the best early speed greyhound in this race. She too pays for it in the stretch, so a big lead will be needed if she wants to hold on & win.
5. Jeans Winningboy (Golddust Memory - Gifted Lex) has been a bit more consistent as of late, and even though he has not been winning, he has been contending. Here he needs to keep up the good work.
6. Hanks Marsbar (Dodgem By Design - Hanks Cool Cat*) is hot off a win, but finds himself a long way from the rail at the start of this race. In order to factor, he has to get there. It could be along afternoon.
7. Kiowa Top Duke (Flying Penske - Kiowa Berma Top) needs to find that spark again, and today might just be the time. When he wants to run, watch out, but if he doesn't , don't. Which DUKE do we get?
8. Ahk Proud Okie (Dauntless - Okie Tatum) is a solid rail runner in the 8 box. Not such a bad thing if he can come out running and make the lead. Will he show up today? I don't know, but it could happen.
In this race several greyhound have a chance to win, especially if a few step up and run up to their full potential in this effort. So with all the early speed, I like the closer. She will be too close too early on to deny a win in this effort. Oh, Kiowa One Spot should be the one to beat. She won't be in front early on, but in the stretch the speed runs out and the class takes over to take home the win. Getting caught on the front end should be Kiowa Kind Gel and Tjays Champ. Both of these greyhounds have enough early speed to make the lead in this effort, but who lasts the longest is the real question of the day. If either of them clear and get some help behind them on the matinee card, there is a possibility that they could wire the field on the front end. Strictly for experience sake, King Gel gets the nod over Champ in this effort. The other greyhound not to forget about just yet is Jeans Winningboy. Winningboy used to be an all or nothing greyhound, but over his last several starts he has started to turn into a true DQ don't give up greyhound. He has been running, and closing, without the lead in the race and in turn he has been finishing in the money. The scary part is that he can break to the lead too and if he gets there in this effort, he will be the one to beat. (3-1-4-5)
Sunday - 11/21/2010
The final feature race on the weekend is the 11th race for Sunday Matinee.
1. Kiowa Stan Cay (Flying Hydrogen - Flying Monica K) has some closing speed on occasion, but runs his best when he is on, or near, the early lead in any race. Today he has to hit it early on.
2. Hs Butane (Ben Awhile - Flying Santan) hasn't missed the quiniela in 5 straight. Posted up well inside again, the fire should remain burning red hot once again throughout this effort.
3. Farve's A Viking (Flying Stanley - Greys Bombayduck) runs like the real Farve plays. Big upside, and a big downside. If he gets clear, it's a touchdown, if not it's an interception. Today???
4. Lorna's Cannon (Fuzzys Cannon - Instant Vintage) is a strong closer that has been a bit more consistent as of late. Four straight in the money efforts, including 2 wins. Keep an eye on her here.
5. Gm's Chicago (Dodgem By Design - Gs Gertie) is riding high off of back to back winning efforts, and in both he make the lead in the race. That is the thing that will determined his effort. Can he get there again?
6. La's Silver (Be Discrete - La's Felisha) is running like a GOLD medalist. She has been on fire as of late and been a threat to win in every start over the last month. Watch out if she's loose, it's over.
7. Kiowa Heart True (Heart Rumble* - Kiowa Oneofakind) loves the outside and gets it again in this effort. Riding high off of back to back wins, she is ready for the 3-peat, but she must break to get it done.
8. Sayitwasseth (Deerfield Site* - Mystic Opal) is a good closer that has started to find his form once again. With a pair of wins, and 5 money trips in 6 efforts, the post might be the only thing to stop him today.
This race is going to be very interesting. There is a ton of talent on both the early and late speed sides and it all comes down to who wants to win it more? Will the early speed hold throughout and take home the win? Or, will the late speeders take down all of the competition before the finish line? We will have to wait and see, but I have and educated guess for you. How about La's Silver on top? This greyhound has been on a mission as of late and has proven to be a bit less short than the rest of the field. She too is all about the early speed and will have to overcome the ankle burners around her to get it done. If she does want to run, this is race is hers too loose. Kiowa Heart True gets a look as will with back to back wins at the top level of competition at the racetrack. She too relies on her break to get things done and will really need to hit the lid against this tough field to get it done. If she can poke her nose in front, it could be a hat trick performance. Hs Butane has not missed the quiniela in 5 straight and might just make it 6 in a row in this effort. No doubt he has skills and he will be using them again from this favorable post position. He has some closing speed as well and that might just come in handy against this great group of greyhounds. One thing for sure, he will giving his best for the length of this effort. Lorna's Cannon is the other greyhound to watch out for late in this effort. She has all kinds of gears that the others don't even posses. She will be showcasing them as everyone gets to the finish line, but it could be too little too late against these early speed monsters. If she can get around close, she might just be a an upset winner. (6-7-2-4)