Just like every other weekend of the year, the Orange Park Kennel Club will showcase some fantastic greyhound competing for the win in our feature races.
This weekend it's all about class. We have some very tough fields and some very talented greyhound all vying for the victory.
So if you are looking for some solid grade A races to watch and wager on, look no further, as the Orange Park Kennel Club has you covered.
Race one of the weekend is the 15th and final race on the card for Friday evening. F
1. Kiowa Top Design (Dodgem By Design - Flying Acme) was the hottest of the hot for a while at OP, and still tough as always from the rail. The one box could be the difference maker.
2. Smokin Az Becket (Team Record* - Ptl Linda) is coming off a grade A wins and draws another good inside post. He has to break fast again in order to keep up the good work.
3. Come On Takatrip (Fuzzys Cannon - Instant Vintage) is rested and ready to go for this effort after 3 months off. Closing is his forte, so look for him to make a move in the stretch.
4. Wiki Letsgetloud (Always Faithful - Not Short Onluck) needs to put that last race behind her and get back to breaking. If she can find it early on, she may be around at the wire.
5. Kiowa Destina (Ww Apple Jax - Kay Kelly) is a big time late speed greyhound that can come from off the pace to challenge. Winning might be a stretch, but factor in the cash is not.
6. Bh's Simplylegit (Bh's Rackem Up - Simple Life) can run with or without the lead in any race, so she is a double threat, especially from the outside. Posted up tonight, she could be a threat.
7. Gs Angelo (Lewis And Wax - Gs Kayla) has some good early speed and runs tough when he is around at the first turn. Breaking fast will be the key to his success in this effort.
8. Fth Chinook Wind (Dodgem By Design - Cm Lil Bit) is as fast as he wants to be, but when is that? He has great closing speed and can break on occasion. If he gets loose early, watch out!
No doubt who is going to be the favorite in this effort. Kiowa Top Design is one of the best greyhounds at the racetrack and since exit the stakes, he has been one of the hottest too. He loves to break from the rail and gets it here in the 1 box. If he comes out close at all, he will win this race. Smokin Az Becket has really started to put it all together and might just be able to see the early lead in this race. If she can get her nose in front, she too could have a chance at back to back jacks, but if they are too close too soon it could be a tough row to hoe. Bh's Simplylegit gets the post nod as well here on the outside part of the racetrack. The break will be the most important part of this race for him if he wants to win. He has enough late speed to get it done in the stretch, but he must not let the leaders get too far away early on. If he all goes to play, he could wind back in the winner's circle for the second straight 6 box effort. Kiowa Destina is the best closer in the bunch and will be proving that once again in the stretch. She might not have the speed of the others early, but no one can match her at the finish. Her biggest hurdle in this race might be the post position. She will have to find room early from the middle if she hopes to make a late run to challenge. (1-2-6-5)
Saturday - 10/9/2010
The third feature race will take place in the 15th race on the card for Saturday evening.
1. On The Fly (Dodgem By Design - Ww Ellen's Time) has been begging for an inside post and finally returns there tonight. She is tough when close and will be upset minded here.
2. Eds Budby (Domingo Dodge - Cherokee Queen) is the best 660 greyhound at the racetrack. Sure he lost last time, but you can't win them all. Posted and primed for the new streak tonight.
3. Starla Vintage (Fuzzys Cannon - Instant Vintage) is a strong closer that has righted the ship in the last several races. She likes the inside & bingo she is there. Breaking would help her cause.
4. Kiowa Deli Dee (Flying Stanley - Kiowa About Deli) is back at 660 and hasn't been beat in 3 straight. She is the best breaker and will see the lead, but short late, she might not keep it.
5. Gm's Cashman (Dodgem By Design - Gs Gertie) this NOS winner has taken well to 660 & needs to forget the last race. He can go the route, but he just needs to stay clear of trouble to contend.
6. Kiowa Vic (Flying Hydrogen - Greg Kiowa Girl) just needs to do one thing tonight, come out running. This greyhound is tough near the lead, but without it? Last time from the 6 hole, box to wire time.
7. Lk's Marsha (Fortified Power - Em's Amtrack) jumped from grade D to A with 3 straight wins, but the A competition has been too much for her so far. From a tough box, this could be another long night.
8. Changeling (Craigie Whistler - Magic Niki Nite) might be a longshot to win this race, but maybe not from this post. She has back to back wins from the 8 box, so don't overlook her tonight.
Everyone's favorite Eds Budby will be the one to beat in this effort. He has all the tools and gets a great rail post to boot. Even though he can run off with the early lead, against this field, he could even come from off the pace and get it done. All he has to do is be close early on, and this race will be over in the stretch. Breaking on top and leading for the majority of this race should be Kiowa Deli Dee. This greyhound is as fast as she wants to be on the lead, but once she gets passed, it's a whole different ballgame. She fades back late and that is just what is going to happen to her here. The streak ends as the champ gets back up at the wire to take her down. On The Fly has been waiting for another rail chance and gets it here in this race. Tonight she will clear easily from this post and that could be a difference maker for her. She has loads of talent and runs her best near the front end of any race. That is where she is going to be tonight, expect a big time trip. Gm's Cashman might be overlooked with the others left to contend in this effort, but I think you need to pay attention to him. He is just learning how to go over the new route and gets a greyhound to chase early on right next to him at the start. He can break over 550, and it would be nice to see him get out closer over 660 yards. If he does decide to run tonight, he could give the big names all they can handle in this effort. (2-4-1-5)
Saturday - 10/9/2010
The second of four features races will run in the 11th on the card for Saturday matinee.
1. Really Gonnarock (Afleet Alex - Xtreme Hustler) has posted up back to back wins at OP, but now will have to try for the 3 peat from the rail. With all his late speed, he just needs to be around early.
2. Gs Tee Up (Afleet Alex - Gm's Peachykeen) is another talented puppy that gets a chance to win again in grade A. He should like it in here, but must break better today if he wants a shot to win.
3. Wp's Commodore (Fuzzys Cannon - M's Countess Amy) is a threat every time he steps on the racetrack. With a good break, great raw speed, and some closing power, he is a triple threat.
4. Kiowa Vanessa (Flying Hydrogen - Greg Kiowa Girl) hasn't been winning a ton of races, but she always finds a way to sneak into the money at the wire. Being a threat throughout, she could surprise.
5. Ru Tuff Enuf (Let's Winendine - Faith Keeper) just when you think the old man has lost it, he shows that he hasn't. Tuff is back and when he is on, he is clearly the best of the bunch. Watch out!
6. La's Lucy (Get Over - Ruby Is The Best) can run 550, but is a much better 600 yard greyhound. Here she is a closer and will be making up ground in the stretch. Too little too late though.
7. Kiowa Ellie (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Kiowa Mary Tammi) is at her best when she comes out running. She is not as consistent as may would like, but the outside post might help. Here she must break.
8. Sunsands Bomber (Extruding Dream - Sunsands Petsie) has shown loads of early speed and from the outside, she could get loose early on. She is short late though, so winning might be tough.
It's the veterans vs. the Afleet Alex pups in this race. Ru Tuff Enuf is as Tuff as anyone on the racetrack when he can get out of the starting box and that is what he is going to do today. He will get room early with the empty box next to him and that will allow him to see the lead. Once in front, he is tough to take down before the wire. IE, see two races back, win by 7 1/2 in 30.34 seconds. Out and gone early on today. Next the two race in a row winner, Really Gonnarock. This greyhound has gotten better with each and every start and the scary thing is that his brother is even better. He miss the stakes final, but has rebounded nicely and has been showing off against the best at the racetrack. From this post he should get a clean run to the turn and that could be bad news for the rest of the field if he is close early on. With his late kick, he will challenge in the stretch again today. Wp's Commodore is as fast as anyone in this race and has won his share, 3 in his last 6 efforts, of grade A races. He loved this inside, near rail, post position and as long as he is close early, he will be a threat throughout. All he has to do is keep on keeping on in this effort. Gs Tee Up is the other Alex pup that will be contending for the win in this race. He has great skills of his own, and from a better post, I expect the effort to rise as well. He need to just one thing to get a chance to win this race, BREAK. He has not been coming out like he did in the past and it is why he has not crossed in front in a while. If he gets the lead, they might just be hard pressed to get to him in time. (5-1-3-2)
Sunday - 10/10/2010
Last but not least is the 11th race on the card for Sunday matinee at the Orange Park.
1. Kiowa Smedley (Dodge By Design - Kiowa Heavenly) loves the rail and is a whole different greyhound from the inside posts. He has a good shot to get back winning today.
2. Youtgood Imgreat (Diamond's For Me - Let's Run To Win) is a monster near the lead and the post should get him there in this race. Even though he was outgunned late last time, today might be different.
3. Miss Romy (Fuzzys Cannon - Miss Kissable) has drawn some good post and has found her form as of late. She is as fast as she wants to be, but is today one of the those days, or not?
4. Uss West Coast (Lonesome Cry - Uss Mysterious) is one of the hardest trying greyhounds at OP. He would like to win more, but he has to break better to do that. Either way, a big threat today!
5. Tam Ellie Eye (Trent Lee - Primco Gator Eye) has shown some late speed recently, but up in pay grade today, she might have be trouble. She needs some help from the 5 box to compete.
6. Kiowa One Spot (Dodgem By Design - Flying Gazette) might have the best early speed in this field, but holding on to win has been a problem. Problem not solved against these, but she might still factor.
7. Willing Effort (Dodgem By Design - Ww Ellen's Time) her names said it all. Will she be WILLING to give all of her EFFORT in this race? If she does, she could win, but if not, well you know the rest.
8. Cheyenne Zapper (Dodgem By Design - Goodbye Nancy) is moving up to compete against the big boys and gets a tough post to start from in this effort. This race could be extra long and tough.
One thing for sure, this race is going to be exciting to watch. We have quite the talent in this race and they are going to be doing their best to take home the win. Yourgood Imgreat gets the nod here for me as he is just s step quicker early on than most of this field and will have enough to get home a winner in this race. This will not be a romp and he will be pushed throughout, but sometimes you have to step up and that is just what will happen here. Kiowa Smedley will give a winning effort once again from a superb post position. He loves it on the rail and will make the most of this post. He has not seen the win in 2 races now and it might be time to get back there. Last time out from this post he scored. Uss West Coast is going to give his all for the duration of this race. He always does and that byline is not going to change anytime soon. I know he would rather be winning races than just running in the money, but he has to break better to get that done. If he finds his long lost break at the start of this race, he will be upset minded today. Kiowa One Spot might just be the one for all of the big dogs to catch in this race. She has the best early speed and has seen the front in 3 of her last 6 efforts. She has been short late though in 5 of her last 6 races, but she did hold on to win one, and that came from a similar post positions. Her only hope in this race is to hit the lid, steal a long lead, and get some help behind her, otherwise the chasers will get to her before the finish line. (2-1-4-6)