It's double up weekend at the Orange Park Kennel Club. We have a pair of 550 yard and 660 yard feature races this weekend with some of the top talents over both distances in competition.
Stakes winners and finalists are laced thru the events for this weekend, so get ready for a big bang for your buck here at the Orange Park Kennel Club.
First up is the 15th race for Friday evening at the Orange Park Kennel Club.
1. Hallo Wonder Boy (Dodgem By Design - Mohican Milla) is a good closer over 660 yards and gets his best box here in the 1. If he comes out like he did last time, he could be tough to beat.
2. Kanuka (Fuzzys Cannon - Well Chosen) is all about the early speed over the added distance. From a favorable post, she must come out running against this rough field of greyhounds.
3. Miss Minerva (Swanson - Trixies Wish) is back in grade A after a big time closing win in her last start. She can make up ground late, and is not stranger to A, but can she keep it going?
4. Lady Gator (Get Over - Rooftop Flojo) is as fast as she wants to be. Tough on top, she needs a big break again in order to factor in this race, without it, she is not the same greyhound.
5. Holly Noelle (Cricket Express - Solitary Camile) has been on fire as of late winning 3 of her last 4 efforts. She was a derby finalist, but the tough 5 box could give her fits. She too must break well.
6. Jean's Gypsy (Golddust Memory - Gifted Lex) broke well in her last race to get back to the top grade in this effort. In against a tough field, she needs to be around early, or this could be a long night.
7. La's Lucy (Get Over - Ruby Is The Best) is rested and ready to contend again over 660 yards. The early favorite for the Derby this year, Lucy is no slouch. It could be over if she gets the lead.
8. Eds Budby (Domingo Dodge - Cherokee Queen) is the best we have over the 660 yard course. He can do it from the front or from behind. Posted up outside, he will be the one to beat tonight.
No doubt who I and everyone else will be picking in this race, Eds Budby. Budby is a man against boys and girls when he wants to run and from the outside, he wants to run. He should clear close and take off alone for the win. Hallo Wonder Boy is coming off a huge race where he somehow made the lead early on. That is bad news for a field when a closer gets the front, and tonight he could have another shot at it. He loves the rail, and this is the one box, you do the math. Holly Noelle is at the top of her game right now and if she keeps breaking, she is going to keep contending in her races. She draws a tough post here, but she has excelled from it in the past. Always a factor when she is close, tonight she will be around again throughout. Let's not forget La's Lucy. Just because it has been a while since she won a 660 race, don't overlook her in this effort. She has won her share and more over this distance and was the pre-race favorite to win the Orange Park Derby. She is a monster on the front end and is as fast as anyone in this field. If she gets loose early, this race is O-V-E-R! (8-1-5-7)
Saturday - 10/23/2010
The third feature races jumps back over to 660 yards in the 15th race for Saturday evening.
1. Kiowa Deli Dee (Flying Stanley - Kiowa About Deli) is an early speed machine over 660 yards and can even hold on an win on occasion too. From a good rail post, she might be slicing up an upset effort.
2. Kiowa Trent Tam (Trent Lee - Kay V Barbierie) has fallen into a FUNK but I don't think it will last much longer. She gets a better rail post and should get room behind Deli early on. Once she clears, race over.
3. On The Fly (Dodgem By Design - Ww Ellen's Time) might not be winning, but she has been a force in all of her starts. Tonight she's posted up & will show off her talents once again.
4. Hs Slade (Lonesome Cry - Flying Santan) hasn't run this far before, but he looks like he might just be able to stretch out over the distance. He is the wildcard tonight! Let's see what he can do.
5. Kiowa Vic (Flying Hydrogen - Greg Kiowa Girl) must not be overlooked in this effort. He can hang with the big names in this race, but has to get out the box to get it done. The post hurt, but not if he is in front.
6. Tipsy Brutus W (Tipsy Character - Jetstar Streaker) might be a bit over his head against this tough field, but from a good outside post it might be his time to shine. He must be close early to contend.
7. Starla Vintage (Fuzzys Cannon - Instant Vintage) can close with the best of them when SHE wants to. You just never know when that is. If the light bulb is on, everyone better watch out tonight.
8. Wp's Lonesumdove (Lonesome Cry - Fuzzys Spider) needs to do just one thing, BREAK! Near the lead she is a force, without it, she has been suspect and finds trouble. Posted up, stick with the plan.
It's all about the inside in this effort. All four greyhounds have a good spot to start from, and couple have a point to prove in this effort. Kiowa Trent Tam has had back to back races out of the money after a run of 10 straight in the quiniela. Things are working for her tonight too. The speed to her inside gives her the rail early and she has enough left late to take the early speeders down before the wire. On the front or from just off the pace, it's rebound time in this effort tonight. Hs Slade is the other greyhound that has something to show off to his competitors, his skills over 660. I know this is his first start over the distance, but with a solid rush over 550 and something left coming home, he might just be a natural over the added distance. He will still need to get his feet wet, but if things go well, he might have found a new home. On The Fly just does one thing in her races, she gives everything that she has and that is just what you are going to get again in this effort. She is not winning like she was a month ago, but still she has been a factor in her races. She likes the rail and gets close here in the 3 box, look for her to stalks for the duration of this effort. Kiowa Deli Dee is the best early speed greyhound in this race and from the one box she should be unabated to the early lead. The only problem is that the rest of the field on the inside part of the racetrack is going to be too close too soon. Once she is threatened or passed, she doesn't run with the same attitude and usually weakens late. If she can steal 10 and get some help behind, she could upset on the lead, but more likely she pushing the pace till late and settles for a spot under in the superfecta at the wire. (2-4-3-1)
Saturday - 10/23/2010
Race two comes out way on Saturday matinee in the 11th on the card.
1. Kiowa One Spot (Dodgem By Design - Flying Gazette) has really taken to the racetrack since arriving from Mardi Gras. She has been showing great early speed and should be a threat throughout.
2. Kcon Told You So (Maryville Rumble* - Cafe Queen) is a solid grade A competitor that is a factor in almost all of his races recently. He likes it on the rail, and get it. Let's see if he can keep it up.
3. Chaska Brenden (Lonesome Cry - Sendahl Katie) has not had too much success in grade A so far, but in both races he was outrun early. If he wants a chance here, he has to break better.
4. Smokin Scamp (Go Joe Jester - Smokin Dizzy) is a rail runner that uses his early speed to his advantage. Here he will need to be ready to fire from the box and get some room early.
5. Ru Tuff Enuf (Let's Winendine - Faith Keeper) is BACK! Finally he has started to come out fast and once in front, he is faster than the rest. Going for the Hat-Trick in this effort. It could be goal time again.
6. Kiowa Smedley (Dodgem By Design - Kiowa Heavenly) is not in a friendly post at all in this effort. He is all rail all the time, and will be heading there early on today. Look for a move by him in the stretch.
7. Leading Steps (Lonesome Cry - Tk Ashira) is the best early speed greyhound in this race and will be the one to catch on the front end. Is the mat enough to get him home? Is the post? Time we tell.
8. Farve's A Viking (Flying Stanley - Greys Bombayduck) is back in grade A hot off a big box to wire win. This is not the rail post though, so the outcome will be different. He can break quickly & will need to here.
All I can say is repeat time in this race. The four greyhound that I picked here ran first thru fourth in the last race that all of them competed in, so why change things. LOL! We all know that Leading Steps is going to fire from the starting box and take the lead, especially in the matinee, but it still won't be enough to take home the win. The will be saved for the resurging Ru Tuff Enuf. When this greyhound is on, he is one of the best at the racetrack, and right now the switch is flipped up. He has been breaking more consistently and in turn he has been winning races. Two in a row and three in his last 5 starts, including a 30.34 second romp. No one here is close to that time, so look for him to do whatever is needed to win again. Kiowa One Spot is a one NOTE greyhound, early speed. She can come out in a hurry, but she is short late in the race and will prove so once again in this effort. The helping hand for her is the post position. From the rail she should be a clear trip around the racetrack and that might even see her move up a little more at the finish line. Kcon Told You so has been in grade A in her last 6 races in a row and has finished in the money in 5 of those efforts. She is not going to dazzle you with some big time blowouts, but she is consistent in her efforts. Expect another solid race and another in the money finish today. (5-7-1-2)
Sunday - 10/24/2010
Capping off the weekend we jump to the 11th race on the card for Sunday matinee.
1. Gs Tee Up (Afleet Alex - Gm's Peachykeen) is oh so happy to see the inside part of the racetrack again. He gets into so much trouble outside. With the 1 box, he might just surprise in this effort.
2. Lorna's Cannon (Fuzzys Cannon - Instant Vintage) is a double threat in a tough post position. She likes it wide and starts out near the rail. Her late kick might just be her savior though.
3. Gm's Cashman (Dodgem By Design - Gs Gertie) looked good in his return to 550, but found trouble last time out. Here from a good post, this NOS champ could get back in the big circle!
4. Harks Marsbar (Dodgem By Design - Hanks Cool Cat*) has been running well, but he is jumped up 2 grades to compete in this effort. Against some stiff competition, he is going to have his paws full.
5. Aristides (Rhythmless - Midnite Madness) has got no love at the windows, but he has won 3 of his last 5 efforts. His best attribute is his closing speed, so look for him to make a move in the stretch.
6. Bh's Simplylegit (Bh's Rackem Up - Simple Life) has big game potential, but has not shown it all that often in her last 6 efforts. Starting off in a tough post position, she needs to break on top to threaten.
7. Yourgood Imgreat (Diamond's For Me - Let's Run To Win) is running better than anyone else in this race and should be the one to beat in this effort. A Typical DQ Double Threat, Does it!
8. Hs Babe (Flying Stanley - Kiowa Brownsugar) has had some problems since returning to grade A, but today might be different. If she can break & get to the rail early, she might have an outside shot.
Yourgood Imgreat has to be the pick here just off of his recent performances. He has really been running well and has got it done on the early lead and from off the pace. He never gives up in any race that he is entered into and today will not be an exception to that rule. Look for him to give his all and prove best at the finish line. Gs Tee Up is a much deserved look in this race too. Forget about the couple of rough races, they all came from outside posts and today it's back to the rail with him. He loves to run from in here and normally breaks better too. Plus everyone knows that Lorna's Cannon is going wide at the break, so it's even extra room heading to the 1st turn. All he has to do is come out close, and he should be in a position to threaten in this race. Gm's Cashman is a stakes winner and no matter how hard you try, you can never count them out. Back from a trial over 660 yards, Cashman is getting acquainted again with the shorter course and how to win. Helping his cause today is the inside post and his experience. He too will need to break close if he wants a chance to win this race. Aristides gets no respect at the windows, but if he keeps winning races sooner or later someone is going to notice. The only drawback I see the post position. He has not run well from here in the past, but that can all be solved if he can come out close in this race. His best attribute is still his late speed and that is the reason that he should find the money again in this effort. (7-1-3-5)