Another added bonus not to miss is our first 770 yard race since the one that ran in the Night of Stars. Against a mixed field of greyhounds there might be a stand out as Starla Vintage, who finished 2nd in the NOS race, is posted up here in the 3 box.
An exciting pup makes his debut in the 7th race as, Locall Torino looks like the real deal. He has breezed thru the grading ladder and just missed a perfect trip to grade A by a head. He has been breaking very quickly and is not short at all at the end of the race. He has been racing off late and in the race he missed, he came from way off the pace to challenge at the wire. Keep it eye out for him in the future.
Now for the showstopper, the finals of the 2010 Jacksonville Juvenile will come your way in the 11th race on the card. Let's take a better look at this race.
1. Really Xtreme (Afleet Alex - Xtreme Hustler) will be the race favorite in this race and he might have won this race even without the 1 box. With the 1 box, he should get clear early, and if he is, it could be a long night of the opposition. He clearly is the fastest greyhound in this field, and the one to beat tonight.
2. Kelsos Spiffy (Kelsos Fusileer - Kelsos Gabriella) is the best closer in this race, but if she breaks, she could be the all out winner. She has late speed the rest only dream about, and from the rail she can be extra tough. The post will help her out tonight and that might be just enough to get her over the edge in this effort.
3. General Sherm (Deerfield Site* - Mystic Opal) is still riding high of his first grade A win, but he will needs to keep up the work in this race. He doesn't mind the inside post and the 3 box is fine for him to start from. With a good mix of early and late speed, he could be a threat throughout in this one.
4. Miami On Fire (San Tan Riffraff - Gottagetitdone) is the hottest greyhound going right now in the stakes. Winning his last 3 efforts in a row, he is on FIRE, but the post position might just cool him off a bit in this effort. He can break, and he can close, so he is never out of any race. If he gets clear early, he will put up a big fight tonight.
5. Kiowa Mc Gee (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Kiowa Wild Color) matured well in the stakes rounds and became a bit more a complete greyhounds and a little less of a front or nothing runner. Working against him in this race has to be the 5 box. He runs his best on the rail, and will need to find a way to get there early on in this effort. If he doesn't break well tonight, it could be a long trip around the oval.
6. May's Flora (Can You Hear Me - Kb's Mayflower) is the best early speed greyhound in this race and the one to catch before the finish line. She can run from anywhere because of all her early speed, but she would have liked to start more near the rail in this effort. She pays for it in the stretch, and is short, short, short, heading for the wire. Now the real question is, Can she hold on to win? Can she hold on in the money? We will see.
7. Scottish Dreamer (Droppys Vieri - Crystal Chrysler) was more consistent in the rounds that any other greyhound. Never finishing out of the trifecta, she was money in each and every start. She has the tools to win, and she gives all she has in each and every effort. From a post that she likes, she should rush early, and factor throughout once again.
8. Gm's Giovanni (Oya Tom Terrific - Gs Flame) was hoping and praying for an 8 box and he GOT IT! Now the rest is up to him. In round 1 he shocked everyone with a box to wire win from this post, and tonight he needs another personal best if he wants to take down this talented field. Never caught on the lead, he needs to find a way to get his nose in front early on.
Ok so here we go with a little race breakdown. I like Really Xtreme to win this race. A wise man once told me that in stakes finals a lot of things go into who is going to win. Post position, grade, class, early speed, etc., but on with all things being equal, it's the best greyhound that takes the trophy. Xtreme to me is the best greyhound. He has the best raw speed of anyone in this field. He is simply faster than the rest. He has a solid break, a big rush, and once in front he just keeps running up the score. Here he also gets the 1 box and a slower breaker to his outside. That will give him room early and allow him to apply his trade. Look for him to stalk the pace early on and prove too much for the leader, and the competition late. Second best I like Kelsos Spiffy. Spiffy is probably the only greyhound in this field that could really run with Xtreme in the open if they locked up early on. She has great closing speed and as of late she has been breaking much better. She like the rail and gets it here in the 2 box. She is a complete greyhound, but has the occasion to sit early and let the leaders go just a bit too far before she starts to make her run. If she comes out fast, she can win this race, but to me that is a big IF. I look for her to weave her way thru the race and come flying up late to just miss winning this effort. Scottish Dreamer has to get a look here for the simple fact that she is in the groove right now. She is firing on all cylinders and gets a good post position to start this race from. She might not be the speediest greyhound, she might not be winning a bunch in a row, she might not be dominating fields, but she has a great rush to the turn, will get room early, and she will contend throughout once again in this race. Now for the final spot in the superfecta we leave the greyhound that will be in the lead early on. May's Flora is easily the best early speed greyhound in this race. She can fly from the starting box and steal a lead over anyone in this field. With all of this early dominance, she has to pay for it in some way and that comes at the end of the race. She is short, short, short in the stretch and at the finish line. She has not held on for the win in a while and will have a hard time keeping the competition at bay at the end of this effort. She has the tools to get it done on the lead though, but if she is going to win, she will need some major help behind her in this effort. (1-2-7-6)