1. Playboy Joe (Joe Hearns - Too Late) was a winner in round 1, but faltured from a tough post in round . Here this rail runner gets the 1 box and will to come out running to use it to the best of his ability.
2. My Choice (Lonesome Cry - Nauset Lass) has stepped up her game in the stakes rounds and the dual rail posts have helped the cause. Tonight from yet another rail post, you might get more of the same.
3. Ww Van Kay Stove (Deerfield Site* - Gale Ww Von Kay) is a wide runner that has a bit of close to her in the stretch. If she wants to contend again from an inside post, she needs to be close early on.
4. Touch My Hand (Coldwater Kellin - Midnight Venture) has some good early speed and has been tough so far in the stakes. He could be overdue for a big breaking effort, tonight could be his night.
5. Craigie Ironlad (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Greys Starwishes) has been on a tear and just keeps coming in each and every one of his efforts. No matter the post, he won't give up here. Look for him late.
6. Payday Lily (Kiowa Mon Manny - Payday Robin) is a steady chaser and might just be a bit better than her lines show. She does need to get to the rail from the outside here. She must break better against this tough field.
7. Gs Tee Up (Afleet Alex - Gm's Peachykeen) is a strong closer that can come on with the best of them. His drawback in this race is the post position. He runs much better inside. From here, he needs to be closer early on.
8. Really Xtreme (Afleet Alex - Xtreme Hustler) rebounded in his last effort with a monster win. Away from the crowd here, he will come out close and give another big effort. This race could get UGLY if he hits it.
Tough to go against a greyhound that has pervious stakes final experience and showed that he could do it again in this stakes in his last effort. Really Xtreme put up and Xtreme effort over everyone in round 2 and from this outside post, he gets room to run, and will make quick work of this field. Once near the lead, this race is over. My Choice gets another rail post and that alone should make her a threat in this race. She has been next best in both rounds of the stakes and could take that to three in this race. All she has to do is keep up the good work. Craigie Ironlad is a closing machine that will be coming on throughout this effort. he has not missed the trifecta in 6 efforts in a row and tonight will not break with that trend. Forget the post, even though he likes the rail, he can close from anywhere, and will be a big time threat late in this effort. Touch My Hand is a strong breaker and rusher that needs to hit the lid in this race. He does get room early with the empty box next to him and it might allow him to get closer to the early lead in this effort. If he does get out first, he might just have a shot at the upset tonight. (8-2-5-4)
The second stakes event will be the 1st half of the forced out Twin-Tri in the 10 race on the card.
1. Kiowa Mc Gee (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Kiowa Wild Color) is a monster on the lead and proved that with a win in round 1 and a no show in round 2. Tonight from the rail post, it might be out and gone time again.
2. Celtic Pup (Droppys Vieri - Crystal Chrysler) found her break in her last race and with an advantageous post position once again in this effort, she hoped to keep coming out fast. If she does break, she could factor throughout.
3. General Sherm (Deerfield Site* - Mystic Opal) put up a big win in round 1, but forgot how to break in round 2. Here he is inside and that will improve his effort. Look for him to be around early and to be a late threat to the leaders.
4. Hs Babe (Flying Stanley - Kiowa Brownsugar) needs to forget about her trouble ridden last effort and get back to the one that saw her win in round 1. She has good early speed & needs to break out fast if she wants to win.
5. Craigie All Hd (Lonesome Cry - Craigie Gotsome) can come from off the pace and challenge late in races, but so far in the stakes he has just barely cracked the money ceiling. Here he needs a better break and rush, so that he can close higher up the ladder.
6. Gs Quasimoto (Afleet Alex - Gm's Peachykeen) like to come on at the end of the race and the outside post suits him well in this effort. He needs to get back to the 1st round effort, and forget the 2nd. If he gets out well, Watch out!
7. Ethel's Pick (Flying Penske - M's Elizabeth) just missed in round 2 as she can from way off the pace to challenge late. She needs to keep up the desire in this race. If she wants to run, she could be a late threat.
8. Miami On Fire (San Tan Riffraff - Gottagetitdone) got back on track in round 2 as he stole a win from off the pace. Here the 8 box is a great place for him to start from. Riding high now, he could have a shot at back to back victories.
Leading the way early on in this race should be Hs Babe. She is really tough near the front end and has enough early speed to get there again at the start of this effort. Close enough to the rail, this greyhound is going to have to step up though as another front runner will be looking to steal away the lead and the win on this field. Kiowa Mc Gee is a bit all or nothing and has shown each during the stakes rounds. He gets the one box here and it might just be enough to cadapult him to the lead and the win in this effort. If he comes to break, and run, this race could be over early on. General Sherm is the best closer in this field and can't be forgotten about in this effort. He is posted well on the inside part of the racetrack and already has won a round of the stakes. He will continue to close, no matter what, in this effort and even if he can't get up for the win, he should be a solid in a money play again tonight. Miami On Fire gets a notice for a couple of reasons. He got off the snide in this last race with a big come from behind win and he gets a great post position to start off this race. He likes it outside and should get room to break and run. If he can get into contention early on, he will be a force to be reckoned with at the finish line. (4-1-3-8)
Race three in the stakes rounds will take place in the 11th race on the card for Friday evening.
1. Gs Prada (Get Over - Nicole's Andrea) got clear in the 2nd round and showed just what she can do in the clear. Tonight she gets her best box and it could lead to another winning effort.
2. Kb's Iron Mike (Lonesome Cry - Kb's Mossy Tek) has been a threat throughout in all of his stakes round and that shouldn't change in this effort. With another good post, and company around early, he will be in the thick of it.
3. Hs Butane (Ben Awhile - Flying Santan) woke up again in his last effort and took home an impressive win. Tonight he looks to continue that trend from a better post position. If he gets out quick, he will be the one to beat.
4. Z Sevinteawon (Mulberry Gus - Greys Red Ribbon) has shown some late speed in the past, but needs to be clear in order to use it. If he can get around the turn in the open, he might have a shot at the money.
5. Gm's Giovanni (Oya Tom Terrific - Gs Flame) was a surprise winner in round 1 and ran tough in roudn 2 as well, but the 5 box is not the 8 box. Getting clear from here is a different story. If he doesn't break, it could be a long night.
6. Mrl Tatum (Mankato - Bow Fast Draw) is better than his lines show, but if he keeps sitting in the box, he might just be who we though he was. He can close a bit at the end of the race, but he has to be around early if he wants to contend.
7. May's Flaco (Can You Hear Me - Kb's Mayflower) is clearly the best early speed greyhound in this race and from the outside he will be unabated to the lead. Now for the real question. Can he hold on all the way to the wire and win?
8. Kiowa Sue Manny (Kiowa Mon Manny - Kiowa Sweet Sue) has some good late speed and used it in her last effort to take home the place spot at the wire. The outside post could help her stay out of trouble here. A big effort is needs if she wants to move on.
Hs Butane is back on track after that good win in round 2 and it's hard to ignore 6 quiniela efforts in his last 7 races. He is clearly the class in this field, and from a good inside post position, he will show it once again in this effort. With a big break, and strong rush to the turn, he should be around the lead early on and prove best at the finish line. Making him work all the way to the wire will be May's Falco. This greyhound has tremendous early speed and seems to have found it once again here at the Orange Park Kennel Club. Aiding him in this effort is the post position and the lack of early speed around him. This is going to be almost a false start from the outside part of the racetrack. He is going to easily be in the early lead in this effort, but can he steal enough to hold on at the wire for the win? That is the question that needs to be answered in this effort. Kb's Iron Mike is going to do what he has been doing so far in the stakes, CONTENDING! This greyhound seems to always be in the mix and even though he has not won a race in awhile, don't count him out in this effort. He is as fast as anyone in this field and if he decides to come out running, it might just be time for him to get back into that winner's circle. Gs Prada also has to be considered a threat to take home a victory. She loves the rail, and draws her best box here with the 1. She has a solid rush and great late speed that might have her finishing up the ladder at the wire. If she breaks and runs like she did in her last effort. All bets could be off tonight. (3-7-2-1)
The final stake race on the card comes in the 12th race, which is the 2nd half of the forced out Twin-Tri.
1. May's Flora (Can You Hear Me - Kb's Mayflower) is the early speed mark to catch in this race. She likes the rail and the one box is the place to be. If she fires out fast, she could last in the money tonight.
2. Sir Oliver (Hallo West Acre - Granpas Princess) loves the rail and is close enough here in the 2 box to be effective. He does need to break though as he is not the same greyhound from far off the pace, than he is when he is close to the lead.
3. Hanks All Smiles (Deco Deano - Zam Turbo Blitz) might have looked over her head a bit at the start, but she has run well in the stakes. She has stuck to her gameplan, closing, and made the most of it. Don't be surprised if she makes the money again.
4. Kelsos Spiffy (Kelsos Fusileer - Kelsos Gabriella) seems to have the party on again after a big time win in round 2. This greyhound is as fast as she wants to be and can get it done from on or off the pace. No one beats her if she WANTS to run.
5. Scottish Dreamer (Droppys Vieri - Crystal Chrysler) has really got into a groove and has been a threat in all of her last 4 efforts. She is breaking fast and contending throughout. Expect another qualify effort tonight.
6. Sheer Energy (Flying Penske - Kiowa Greg Beth) has shown a bit of close in a couple of his efforts, but needs to really step up his game if he wants to stay in the stakes. Breaking could go a long way in helping him out in this effort.
7. Wkl Marly Carly (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Wkl Whitefeather) exploded from the box in round 2 and held on the way to the wire for the win. She has to do it again if she wants to compete against this talented field.
8. Cheyenne Rascal (Kiowa Mon Manny - Payday Robin) might not be winning, but he sure has been factoring in his last 5 races in a row. He has been close early and been a threat throughout to the leaders. The outside post is ok for him. He looks to factor again.
I'll take the fastest of the fast in this effort and go with Kelsos Spiffy. Ok, so I know she can be a little quirky at times, but still she has a tools set that the rest of the greyhounds only wished they had. She doesn't need to be in front to win this race, she just needs to be around the leaders. With the lead, without the lead, whatever it takes, she finds a way to win in this effort. Scottish Dreamer gets a look here and tries to be the runner-up once again to Spiffy. Previous to that she won in round 1 and made the most of what had been given. With a solid break and room to run early on, she could be looking for an upset in this effort. May's Flora will probably be the one to catch in this race. She has all the early speed in the world and the 1 box to boot. Her problem is that she is short at the end of the race and will be getting run down before the finish line. Her only hope to win is that she hits the lead, steals a big lead, and gets some help behind her. Trying to keep up the good work is Hanks All Smiles. This little girl just keeps on trying in each and every start and although she is not a threat to win by 20, she does have the determination that gets her home in the money. She should be a good under play in your wagers tonight. (4-5-1-3)
The stakes continues on with the Semi-Finals which will run on Monday Evening December 6th. Three races of greyhounds will compete for the top 8 spots on Friday evening December 11th at the Orange Park Kennel Club. Join us for our Holiday Promotion as we give away thousands of dollars in gift cards and a new flat screen TV in the finals of the 2010 Jacksonville Juvenile.