We have got the hottest things going over both distances right now at the Orange Park Kennel Club in action this weekend.
How about a 4 races winner at the 550 yard course? Interested? Well, what about a stakes winner with 3 straight over 660? More interested? Saving the most interesting for last, what about a couple of spot plays and some opportunities to make some cash? Got your attention now?
If so, look no further than the weekend feature races at the Orange Park Kennel Club.
Up first is the ultra hot 4 race winner in the 11th on the card for Friday Evening.
1. Kiowa New Design (Dodgem By Design - Flying Acme) is coming off a rest and her lines don't look great, but don't be fooled. Posted up well, she could contend if she gets out of the box.
2. Jamboree Frankie (My John Q - Slingshot Misty) needs to rebound in this effort. Tough time last time out, but before that she was an early speed force. Look for a return trip to contention.
3. Raiders Bart (Dodgem By Design - Raiders Azeri) was in the stakes final and finally got back to winning in his last effort. When he breaks he is almost unbeatable, and tonight he is close enough to the rail.
4. Rays Finishline (My Judge - Ivyona Star) back at the short course and back on his game. Two starts, two in the money finishes. If he decides to come out running, he could be upset minded.
5. Willing Effort (Dodgem By Design - Ww Ellen's Time) is the big ? in this effort. She is as fast as she wants to be, but she wants no part of the 5 box in any race. Breaking will be the key for her.
6. Ru Tuff Enuf (Let's Winendine - Faith Keeper) might not be the greyhound that he once was, but he can still post up a number or two on occasion. All he has to do is see the clean air up front.
7. Wp's Clinton (Fuzzys Cannon - M's Countess Amy) has all the tools needed to win this race, but he has to want to put them all together. From the from or from behind he could win, but will he?
8. Kiowa Top Design (Dodgem By Design - Flying Acme) might not have won the stakes, but is making up for it now. With 4 straight he is the one to beat. If he hits the lid again, he wins as he has never been run down in any effort.
Easy picking in this effort! Kiowa Top Design! Plain and simple, he has the best early speed in this race and once in front he will be long gone early on. He has won 4 races in a row all on the front end and has stopped the clock in the mid 30.50s in each of those efforts. No one else here as even been close, oh and did i mention that he is clear of the field outside too? Now I did! This race is his to lose. Raiders Bart might be the only true competition for him in this effort. Bart has won his share of races in grade A and was also in the finals of the stakes race. He too is posted up in this effort on the inside part of the racetrack. The break is the critical thing for him in this effort. If he can stalk early, he will have a chance to challenge late. Jamboree Frankie gets a couple of helping hands in this effort. He gets a good post to break from and no real speed to his inside. All he has to do is forget about the last effort and get back to what he does best, BREAKING. If he can be around the front early on, he should be able to hold on in the money at the finish line. Speaking of Finish Lines,l Ray's Finishline is the other greyhound that you just can't forget about in this effort. Since he fizzled out over 660 yards, his return to 550 has been quite impressive. He won his first start and finished a close second in the next. He has been breaking way better from the shorter box and has proven that he is going to keep coming and trying throughout. Midtrack is his place, let's see what he does with the 4 box here. (8-3-2-4)
Saturday - 9/25/2010
Another big time match up over 660 yards, or if the 15th race for Saturday Evening turns out like last time, maybe not!
1. Kiowa Trent Tam (Trent Lee - Kay V Barbierie) had won 4 straight still she ran into Eds Budby 2 races back. She has won since and is in her best box tonight, but can she overtake the CHAMP?
2. Run River Queen (Ctw Countin Money - Motley Roxy) has some good early speed, but without the front she is not the same greyhound on the racetrack. Against this big time field, this could be rough.
3. Starla Vintage (Fuzzys Cannon - Instant Vintage) climbed back to grade A in her last race and started to right the ship. Even though she is a closer, she needs to break better. If she is close, she contends.
4. JJB Dibaba (Lonesome Cry - Joe's My Man) is up from grade D and might be over his head again these big boys and girls. Hard to knock 3 wins in 4 races though. This closer must want it tonight.
5. Eds Budby (Domingo Dodge - Cherokee Queen) the Orange Park Derby winner is back over 660 and proving that he is the only greyhound to consider at this distance. The 5 box is his only hurdle.
6. Wp's Lonesumdove (Lonesome Cry - Fuzzys Spider) runs tough when she can get near the early lead in any race. Without the lead, she is a different greyhound. The break is the ticket to her success.
7. Hallo My Pear (Hallo West Acre - Kiowa Chil Cavel) has recently returned to 660 yards and has been running well. He is short late, so being close early is extra important to her. Post up, he could contend.
8. Miss Minerva (Swanson - Trixies Wish) is a solid chaser over 660 with a bit of a close working for her. Even though she runs on the rail, she likes it outside. Winning is a stretch, but money factoring is not.
Once again the top two greyhounds at the racetrack will be matching up over 660 yards, but will the outcome be the same. I thought that it was going to be a good race last time out and Eds Budby won for fun, 8 1/2 lengths. So can Budby do it again from the 5 box, or is it Trent Tam's time to shine from the 1? As we are all aware both are extremely talented and if they both come to run, it is going to be a great race to watch. With Budby in the 5 box, I think it levels the playing field a bit for Tam and that alone is what is going to make or break this race. I still think Budby breaks ok, and remember he can close from off the pace and win too. The Derby winner is just too much for this field and will take home the win. Tam gives her best again, but once again, it's just second best. Others to consider here, Starla Vintage and Wp's Lonesumdove. Starla is back in grade A and looks to keep the good mojo going. She likes the rail, is in a good post, and is back to breaking a bit. If she can get around the leaders early on, she might have an outside shot in this effort. Lonesumdove has really only one chance here and that is to break. If she can get her nose ahead of the rest, she might even pull off the upset. She is short once getting passed, so being caught in the stretch is a good possibility too. For her the break is critical to how she ends up at the wire. (5-1-3-6)
Saturday - 9/25/2010
Spot play number 1 is up in the 11th race on the card for Saturday Matinee.
1. Gs Roman (Dodgem By Design - J's Wrinkle Free) is an all out early speed greyhound that heads back to grade A in this effort. Even though the 1 box helps him, the stretch run could be a long night.
2. Howdoyoulikethat (Lonesome Cry - Here's The Thing) might have had a couple of rough trips in a row, but this effort starts from the rail. He can really run from here & normally breaks. If he comes to run, watch out!
3. Yourgood Imgreat (Diamond's For Me - Let's Run To Win) finally gets back inside and that will be a difference maker. He can go to the lead, or come from off the pace. If he is loose, this race is over.
4. Kiowa Vincent (Flying Hydrogen - Greg Kiowa Girl) will be longshot in this effort, and if he wants to change that, he is going to have to break best. His only chance at gaining some cred, is to hit the lid.
5. Sunsand Fannymay (Lonesome Cry - Sunsands Sienna) is another strong breaker in this field that gets empty post room at the start. Like most she is short late. She needs to be first to the turn.
6. Kiowa Shag Along (Flying Stanley - Kiowa Shag Sue) could be the best of the ankle burners in this race. If he decides to hit it, the race for the lead is over, but the race to the wire is not!
7. Diamond Mia (Get Over - Rooftop Flojo) is a strong closer that likes the outside posts and gets one today. She has not done well in grade A so far, but maybe she is do. Is the post enough? We will see.
8. Vanessa Rousso (Kelsos Fusileer - Ctw Gossip News) will be thinking about going all in as soon as she gets to the stretch. This huge closer can run down almost anyone, but the 8 box is a long way from the rail.
I know he won't be in the early lead in this effort, but I still like Yourgood Imgreat to win this race. He is finally back on the inside part of the racetrack and that is going to play a big role in the outcome of this effort. In his career he has not run out of the money from this post and has won 2 of his last 3 races starting from the 3 box. He has what he needs to win this race. He will break close and show the big early speed greyhounds what he has at the finish line. It might not be too pretty, but a win, is a win, is a win. Dueling it out on the front end and surrendering late should be Kiowa Shag Along and Sunsand Fannymay. Both of these greyhounds can bring it from the starting box, but Shag Along is just a hair better to the turn than Fanny is. What is scary is that this is a matinee and if they get too far away and get some help behind them, either one of this pair could wire this field on the lead. Let's not forget Vanessa Rousso either. She has loads of closing ability and just missed a win 2 races back, but the 8 box is the problem. She loves the rail and will have to work to get there and that might involve trouble. If she can stay clear of complications, she might have an outside shot in the stretch. (3-6-8-5)
Sunday - 9/26/2010
Capping off the weekend, Sunday Matinee's 7th race offers up spot play number 2.
1. Big Drama (Get Over - Rooftop Flojo) is all about the rail all the time. This closer normally breaks from here and races off with the lead and the win. POST gives her a dramafree effort!
2. Tmc's Bestofshow (Dodgem By Design - Tmc's Pardon Me) has not showed up in grade A as of yet, but the rail post might be a big bonus for her in this effort. Note to self, breaking quickly works too.
3. Mw Springer (Lewis And Wax - Mw's April Rain) might not be winning races, but he has been in the mix in most of the ones that he has run in. From inside or out, from near the lead, he can factor.
4. Kiowa Heart Won (Heart Rumble* - Kiowa Oneofakind) joins the grade A ranks again hot off an almost box to wire win. Breaking quickly is her best attribute, she better not forget that today.
5. Kane's Pawnee (Dodgem By Design - Summer Showers) needs a clean trip in order to show off his talents, unfortunately he starts out this race from the 5 box. Without a break, all I can say is OUCH!
6. Warship (Dragon Fire - Flying Rachel) is about as fast as he wants to be! If he clears close and wants to contend, this could turn into a very interesting race. Let's see where his head is at right now!
7. Gs Tee Up (Afleet Alex - Gm's Peachykeen) might be a puppy, but he has veteran skills. He can run up front and come from off the pace as well. Breaking from a good post, he could take over early on.
8. Kcon Told You So (Maryville Rumble* - Cafe Queen) has run well in grade A and used her early speed to stay there for a long time. She is short, short, short late and even with the front, no dice today!
I like the easy decisions. No thinking, just typing. Big Drama gets the nod in this race and it is strictly because of the post position. This greyhound is a whole different breed when she gets to start the race wearing the red dress. She loves it inside and has never finished out of the money in any of her 6 career starts from this post. How good is she? Well, she has won 2 in a row and 4 of her last 5 from the 1 box. I'm convinced! You should be too! Gs Tee Up might not have as many starts or trips around the racetrack, but he has the same amount of skill. This Afleet Alex greyhound is clearly a threat and might just have the best raw speed in the bunch. If he does clear from this outside post position, he could be the one to beat in this effort. Mw Springer is the greyhound that just always seems to be around throughout, and at the end of the races. He has not won a start in a while, but he has finished in the money in 8 of his last 10 races in grade A. From a good post position today, he should keep on truckin in this effort. Kcon Told You So has been a good surprise for the PTL Kennel. This greyhound came into Orange Park and took well to the racetrack. She has good early speed and has been parlaying that trait into some good finishes in her races. Against some of the best she has shown that she can hang, today you might just get more of the same. (1-7-3-8)