Stakes winners, spot plays, and absolute lock is what is in store for you this weekend at the Orange Park Kennel Club.
Loads of talent runs thru our 4 feature races on Friday, Saturday Matinee, Saturday Evening, and Sunday Matinee. Three over the shorter distance and one over 660 yards. As always it is going to be exciting to see who comes out on top. Will the early speed flyers wire the field? Or, will the closers prove best in the deep stretch? Make sure to tune in and see the outcome of these terrific events.
Stakes winner up first in the 10th race on the card for Friday Evening at the Orange Park Kennel Club.
1. Smokin Az Becket (Team Record* - Ptl Linda)is a solid grade A competitor that has some good early speed at her disposable. Up against a tough field, she has to break in this effort.
2. Gs Tee Up (Afleet Alex - Gm's Peachykeen) might be a pup but has grade A skills in his arsenal. Here the biggest help is the post. From the rail, it could be rebound, upset, time at Orange Park.
3. Kiowa Ellie (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Kiowa Mary Tammi) is back up in A, but needs to step up her game in order to contend here. She gets an inside post, and that could be a difference maker.
4. Wiki Letsgetloud (Always Faithful - Not Short Onluck) might not be winning, but has been factoring early and at the wire in grade A. Her break is her best attribute, she will need it tonight.
5. Craigie Ironclad (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Greys Starwishes) is a strong closer that needs to get around near the lead in order to be effective. The 5 box might just be the end to his chances here.
6. Kiowa Vinita (Flying Hydrogen - Greg Kiowa Girl) JJP Silver Cup winner is a long way from the rail and that could play into this race. Her effort and late speed won't be absent, so expect her to threaten.
7. Orion Lee (Trent Lee - Hurry Hannah) is an early speed machine with 6 wins in 7 starts. Once in front he is tough to take down, and he can win from the outside. He is clearly the one to beat.
8. Gil's Hollywood (Maryville Rumble* - Gil's Run N Rach) has taken to the racetrack nicely and uses his early speed to get around the lead. He is short late, so a HUGE break is the key to his success.
Easy pickings here, well that is if Orion Lee keeps on doing what he has been over the last month. He clearly is the best rusher in the bunch and from this post he will get room to run. As the 6 heads to the rail, bonus space on the racetrack. The only thing he might have to deal with is the 8 dog if he decides to fly from the starting box. Either way he wins the footrace to the turn and should be able to survive late for the win. Trying to run him down will be a talented duo, one old and experienced, and the other new and inexperienced. Both have great talent, but one has proved it with a stakes title. What makes Kiowa Vinita so special is that she just never gives up. No matter what happens she just keeps on coming. No inside post here, for the 1st time in 6 races, so she will have to make the most of what she has. This alone could be the reason for her not to win this effort. If she does get out of the box and stalk the pace throughout, she could easily come out the winner in this effort. The other greyhound mentioned is Gs Tee Up. This puppy out of All-American Afleet Alex might be short on experience, but he is long on talent. He finally gets back inside and that will really help him get a clean run and factor once again in this effort. Forget the last couple of trouble ridden races, and give this great looking youngster another look. He has all the tools, break, rush, and close and will use all of them to factor around the leaders for the duration of this race. Wiki Letsgetloud also gets a look here as the early speeder has a chance to contend with the frontrunners for the lead in this effort. Granted winning is a stretch as she is short late, but holding on in the money is not. Let's see if she is up to the challenge. (7-6-2-4)
Saturday - 9/18/2010
Lock time in the 15th and final race on the card for Saturday Evening at Orange Park.
1. Rum River Queen (Ctw Countin Money - Motley Roxy) has some good news here, she likes the rail and gets it in this race. Breaking is the only way she factors, but it might not even matter against this field.
2. Kiowa Trent Tam (Trent Lee - Kay V Barbierie) has won 4 straight and 3 in a row over 660 since missing the stakes final at 550. She is all rail all the time and this is the 2 box. Let's see if she can beat the champ.
3. Hallo My Pear (Hallo West Acre - Kiowa Chil Cavel) is an even runner over the added distance and was next best last time out. Getting out of the starting box well will go a long way to help him in this one.
4. Lovemewhenimgone (Em's Mac Attack - Js Auntie June) has been running tough as of late, except for her last race, forgetaboutit. From a good middle post, she needs to rebound in this race.
5. Ww Kay Sea (Greys Flamebeau - Ww Kiowa Sister) is a solid chaser over 660, but lacks that closing kick that she shows off over 550. She won't come from off the pace, so she must be close early on.
6. Miss Minerva (Swanson - Trixies Wish) has the closing speed needed to contend late for a money position, besides she is 6 for 6 in the top 4 positions. Streak continues here.
7. Jean's Gypsy (Golddust Memory - Gifted Lex) can put up some impressive races, but she has to want to give her all. Posted well on the outside part of the racetrack, does she show up, or not?
8. Eds Budby (Domingo Dodge - Cherokee Queen) is the 2010 Orange Park Derby winner who finished 2nd in the Silver Cup and has won back to back races since moving back to 660. Breaking sharply now from a good post, Tam could see her win streak end tonight.
If there was ever a lock quiniela on paper, I guess you would have to say that this race is it. The two best greyhounds over 660 yards are both in this race. Both of them love the starting boxes they have drawn, they both have win streaks going, and they were within .01 seconds of each other in their last efforts. So who wants it more? Who is going to have the edge? I'll take the rested champ and runner up in the Silver Cup, Eds Budby. By the slimmest of margins, Budby, will find a way to get around clear and even if he can't see the lead early on, he has the extra kick needed in the stretch to steal away the win before the finish line. Kiowa Trent Tam is the obvious next choice as she has looked unbeatable as well. Tam loves the rail and is close enough in the 2 box to do some damage. She too has really been coming out of the starting box and has run really tough on the front end. If they both decide to show up at the start of this race, it could be a battle for the ages. Best of the rest heads out to Miss Minerva. She has been running hot as of late and can come from just off the pace if needed to get up into contention. She has not missed the money in 6 efforts in a row and third best is all she is going to be able to get in this effort too. Her steady chase finds her in the money at the wire. Lovemewhenimgone had a rough trip last time out, but should make amends for it in this effort tonight. Previous to that effort, she had been in the cash in 5 races in a row, including a win from a similar post position. She too has something left in the tank in the stretch, and that could be difference if she makes the top 4 at the finish line tonight. (8-2-6-4)
Saturday - 9/18/2010
Up next is the 11th race on the card for Saturday Matinee at the Orange Park Kennel Club.
1. Gs Holly Ho (Rapido Rambo - Gm's Cutie) might be up a grade, or two, in this effort, but she does get her best starting box, so that's a plus. Even though she can close, breaking would too. She must come out running.
2. Jayvan (RaBlazer - Shake My Soul) is on the rail! Do I really need to say more? I guess you can say that she found a phone booth and has put on the red cape. Time to fly home for the victory!
3. Switzler Takeoff (Clappin Thunder - Switzler Firefly) has been on a mission since exiting the stakes. Five straight quinielas from inside post! Wow, another one here with the 3, figure it out!
4. Warship (Dragon Fire - Flying Rachel) is as fast as he wants to be and after an attitude adjustment, he might have his mind back on racing. Fast is all you really need to know, winning is a tough play, but 2nd and 3rd, not!
5. Kiowa Heart Won (Heart Rumble* - Kiowa Oneofakind) might have a rough go of it up two grades in this effort. Breaking and rushing are his best qualities and he will need everything he has in order to get into the mix today.
6. Par Zapster (Lonesome Cry - Rl Zipper) Six efforts in a row in the money is good, but that was in grade C and B. Welcome to grade A, and the top talent. She has what it takes to factor, she just needs to prove it.
7. Kiowa Boyd Bambi (Flying Hydrogen - Kiowa Jup Boyd) is a big time closer that will be making up ground throughout in this effort. Posted well, he just can't take too long to get the engines heated up if he wants a chance to win.
8. Kiowa Fly Lori (Flying Stanley - Sl Cassie Lou) is back in grade A after a big box to wire win in her last effort. She runs her best on, or near, the lead and will have to pop the box again in order to hang around the money to the wire.
Jayvan has to be the one to beat in this race. This greyhound is a whole different kind of running when she gets to start from the rail posts, and surprise, this is the 2 box. She has great closing speed, but seems to break better from the rail starting positions. If she is close early on, the race will be for place today. Switzler Takeoff should be the biggest threat to Jayvan in this effort. Takeoff has really lived up to her name over the last 5 starts where she has not missed the quiniela. She has been breaking well and showing off some closing speed in the process. She was just nosed out in her last effort and really she could be riding high on a grade A win. She has all the tools, is posted up, and is running hot. What more do you want? Warship is another competitor that the leaders should be concerned with in this race. This greyhound has a great name because he is a battler. He is as fast as he wants to be and if he wants to contend for the win in this effort, he will. His drawback is that he is like he is, and it looks like he likes to play around. If he head is not on straight in this effort, he could easily give up the win too in the deep stretch. Either way though, he will provide a fierce challenge for the leaders today. Par Zapster is moving up in grade, but it is hard to ignore 6 efforts in a row in the money. What might be even more impressive is that she has won 2 of her last 4 races. She has a solid break, a big rush, and something still left in the tank in the stretch. If she can get around from the outside post, which might be tough for her, she could take the next step to showing that she belongs in the ranks with the grade A's. (2-3-4-6)
Sunday - 9/19/2010
Capping off the weekend we finish things off in the 11th race on the card for Sunday Matinee.
1. La's Silver (Be Discrete - La's Felisha) has to get back to breaking in this effort and the one box might go a long way in helping her out in her quest. If she fails to get out quickly, it could be a long day!
2. Kiowa Mc Gee (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Kiowa Wild Color) is just a puppy and is still figuring it all out, but one thing he knows it that he likes the rail! This 2 box will do him wonders in this race. Upset minded, we will see.
3. Wp's Clinton (Fuzzys Cannon - M's Countess Amy) has the best raw speed of anyone in this race and if he gets loose in the open, this race will be over. The post helps, the break and the rest is up to him.
4. Jamboree Frankie (My John Q - Slingshot Mary) might be up a couple of grades, but has shown no signs of slowing down. He has enough early to get into the mix and enough late to contend. Expect his 7th in the money finish in a row.
5. Uss West Coast (Lonesome Cry - Uss Mysterious) is the hottest thing going in this race in grade A. He has won 3 of 6 and has been tough from box to wire in each of his efforts. All he has to do is hit it, and the win will be his to lose.
6. Gs Speedo (Deerfield Site* - Steffie's Charm) ran like he had one on in his last race where he upset the field on the front end. Red hot now with 6 in a row in the money, if he beats the box again, it could be back to back jacks.
7. Kiowa Kay Wilbur (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Kiowa Kay Kattie) is a solid grade A greyhound that has enough early speed to be dangerous in this race. Post is not in his favor here, long way to the rail, but if he is out front it won't matter. Will he break?
8. Where's Lil Tiny (Lonesome Cry - Cm Lil Bit) has won more races recently than any other greyhound in this field. (4 of 6) The way she gets it done is by BREAKING fast. If she fires to the front, she could upset again.
From the recent results and the competition he has been competing against, Uss West Coast looks like the pick to win in this effort. Forget about the post, he can run from here, and besides breaking quickly is his biggest attribute. All he needs to do is come ready to run, break fast, and the rest will be taken care of. With 3 wins in grade A showing, Uss West Coast is the one to beat. Wp's Clinton gets a notice here as he has the best raw speed of anyone in this field. He is frankly just a bit faster than the rest, but he has to have room to run in order to show off what his momma gave him. If he can't get around the turn, he won't win this effort, but if he does, watch out! Jamboree Frankie is jumping up in class today, but he has the skills to keep on keeping on in this effort. He has not missed the money in 6 straight and in his last 5 in a row he has been 3rd or better the finish line. He is mostly about the early speed, so the break will be critical to him in this effort. Kiowa Mc Gee is a puppy but he seems to show that he has skills to keep up with the veterans on some occasions. The post here plays a huge role in how he is going to perform in this effort. He loves the rail and the 2 box is really close enough to give him a slight edge. If he comes out fast in this race from this great post, it is not out of the realm of possibility that he could steal a win. (5-3-4-2)