Early speed will be the key to almost all of their success this weekend, so big breaks will be just what you need to look for.
Race 11 is the first one to be examined and I think I might know who is the one to beat.
1. Kiowa Top Design (Dodgem By Design - Flying Acme) has won 3 of his last 4 races, all from the front end. He can win from the post, but must come out running to be effective.
2. Pat C Hallelujah (Blazin Blitz - Pat C Unit) is a strong closer that has made his way back into the grade A ranks lately. Winning might be a stretch tonight, but factoring at the finish line, not too much of one.
3. What A Charmer (San Tan Riffraff - Majestic Angle) is back over 550 yards from 660 and has returned to his big closing ways. He won't be around early on, but in the stretch, everyone better watch out.
4. Dirty Picture (Coldwater Konow - Chance With Me) does the DQ Williams barn well with all of his closing speed a the end of the race. He might not win a ton, but he is a solid force in any effort.
5. Fth Tiger Lilly (Take It Over - Fth Moon Dancer) got back in the grade A ranks with a good front running win in her last race. If she wants to contend again, she must fire out fast in this race.
6. Uss West Coast (Lonesome Cry - Uss Mysterious) is up in grade as well in this effort and needs to step it up if he wants to stick around. He too has early speed and a big break will be needed tonight.
7. Rs Libby Lu (Lonesome Cry - Sweet Sandra Sue) has been a machine since coming back from WHEELING. She has not missed the lead or a win in her 4 efforts. Tonight could be another.
8. Gs Wolverine (Craigie Whistler - Gm's Peachykeen) is running hot with 2 wins in his last 4 races, but this is not grade C and the A's are pretty tough. He will need to be on top of his game in this one.
Ok so to no one's surprise, Rs Libby Lu should continue her hot streak in this effort. She has the best early speed and once in front she can be anyone at the racetrack.( ie. see 2009 Sunshine Silver Cup Finals) Sure she might be pressed throughout, but she is the one to beat tonight. Stalking for the duration will be Kiowa Top Design. Winning 3 of 4 races, showing some good early speed, and winning from this post last time out, he should be able to get close and factor for the duration. Now for the closers and who would have guessed they are both from DQ. Dirty Picture and What A Charmer both can come from the clouds and will be making up ground in the deep stretch in this effort. Either way you like them, you can't leave them out under on your wagers in this effort.
Saturday - 2/27/2010
In Saturday Matinee we head to the 7th race on the card and look again for the stakes winner.
1. Kiowa Kind Gel (Flying Penske - Kiowa Oneofakind) hot off a win and back in grade A, this early speed greyhound needs to make the most of the post. Just look at his last win from here, it was a big win.
2. La's Jaguar (Be Discrete - La's Felisha) is a bit of a all or nothing greyhound, but as a puppy he has plenty of time to mature. Moving back to grade A here, he is hoping this time around is better.
3. Fth Keystone Cop (Dodgem By Design - Cm Lil Bit) is another stakes winner in the CM Lil Bit camp that is rounding back into his top form once again. With 2 wins in 3 races, he is poised to romp again.
4. Eds Stand Off (Flying Penske - Eds Cherokeegirl) is up 2 grades in this race and it is going to be tough for him. He does have closing speed and post position on his side, will it be enough? We'll see.
5. Bl Punch N Judy (Lonesome Cry - Jr's Mojo) would much rather be on the rail in this race, but will have to make due from here. If she can find her break and come out fast, she might have a chance to steal it.
6. Power Exchange (Craigie Whistler - Aunt Redmoon) is more of a 660 yard greyhound, but has shown some good close in his last couple of efforts over 550. Don't expect him early, but late watch out.
7. Kiowa Vincent (Flying Hydrogen - Greg Kiowa Girl) has not looked that great as of late, but has the potential to surprise once again in this effort. The post might just help, a big break would too.
8. Willing Effort (Dodgem By Design - Ww Ellen's Time) in the past she has run some big races, but all of them have been either on the lead or near the early lead in a race. She MUST come out close here.
So Fth Keystone Cop is the stakes winner and since he has shown he is coming back to his old self, I'll go with him for the win. When he wants to break, he can win almost any race against anyone at the racetrack. He likes the inside and gets it here with the 3 box. He must come out running though if he wants to repeat in this effort. Kiowa Kind Gel might be the only greyhound here to steal away the early lead from Copper. She likes the post and has enough early foot to make the front tonight. Her drawback is that she is short at the end of the race and might not be able to hold on for the win at the wire. If she can steal enough, she might just take home the win. La's Jaguar is about as fast as anyone in this field, but is he going to show up. When he can get close early, he is tough, without the lead he has been suspect in the past. Post might play a role too as he likes it midtrack to wide and this is the 3 box. He will need to be close early if he wants a chance here. Power Exchange is the best closer in the field and will be trying to run down everyone in the stretch. Winning might be tough, but with any trouble up front he might have a shot at the finish line. This is not really his best distance, but with all the late speed he should be able to make the superfecta at least in this effort.
Saturday - 2/27/2010
Another big showdown on Saturday Evening as a great field of routers strap on their muzzles in the 15th.
1. Where's Finalhit (Flying Penske - Finaldestination) has been on fire as of late with 4 efforts in a row in the quiniela. Now up a grade she faces a tougher field tonight. Only plus for her, the 1 box.
2. Kiowa Trent Tovi (Trent Lee - Kay V Barbierie) likes the rail and gets the rail in this effort. He has been a bit successful so far over 660 and has enough left late to be a threat. Tonight more of the same.
3. Kiowa True Love (Flying Penske - Kiowa Tom Long) is a good closer that likes the rail and gets close enough with the 3 box in order to be effective. Back where she belongs in grade A, she factors tonight.
4. Bad For Ya (Trent Lee - Leafs Flying) is returning to the form that saw him take the 660 yard course by storm a couple of months ago. Always tough near the lead, he has to be out fast again tonight.
5. Penny Candy (Stan's Buy Flyer - Majestic Angle) broke well and ran pretty good despite double trouble last time out. Here she might be able to get clear on the lead & if she does, this race could be over.
6. Gs Ashlynn (Rapido Rambo - Gm's Cutie) has really started to feel at home over the 660 yard course. Breaking better and winning races, she will be looking for her 3rd straight victory in this one.
7. Eds Budby (Domingo Dodge - Cherokee Queen) was the 2010 Orange Park Derby Winner and needs to just get around the corner. With back to back rough trips, he needs to rebound with a good effort.
8. Xtra Style (Kl's Doug - Exceptional Bid) is the best closer in this race and was next best in the 2010 Orange Park Derby. From here she might get around early and could threaten everyone in the stretch.
So let's jump out on the limb again and hope for #77. Penny Candy looked really sharp last time out from the starting box and was just a hare, yes pun intended, from clearly on the early lead. Well that didn't happen and she ran into double trouble and finished out of the cash at the wire. Tonight the wide breaking Gs Ashlynn is to her outside and that will just give her more room at the break. With a clean path thru the turn, it's time to get back where she belongs, in the winner's circle. Gs Ashlynn has really come on as of late and is peaking right now. With back to back wins, it's tough to ignore her and as long as she comes out again tonight, she should be around for the duration. Same goes for Bad For Ya. This greyhound looked unbeatable when he moved to 660 yards and despite the pair of 5th place finishes, he has been really strong. Hot off of back to back runner-up efforts, he looks to stay around the pace throughout again tonight. Xtra Style can't be counted out of any race that she is entered into. She has the raw late speed to take down almost anyone on the front end and from the 8 box she will be clear early. Still she can't be too far back too early, or it will be too little too late at the finish line tonight.
Sunday - 2/28/2010
On Sunday Matinee we might not have a stakes winner in the mix, but we do have a smoking hot streaker.
1. Bf Dora (Dodgem By Design - Sol Lasting) won back to back races to get to grade A and has had a rough go of it ever since. Today the one box might just help her get out fast and challenge.
2. Fay's Fonda (Maryville Rumble* - Rooftop Kaylee) is a ankle burner that has strung up 3 wins in a row and 4 in his last 6 starts. Posted up on the rail again in this effort, he is going to be tough to beat.
3. Kiowa Smedley (Dodgem By Design - Kiowa Heavenly) has track record speed and once loose, no one in this race can run with him. He gets back to the inside and that is enough for him to threaten here.
4. Comedrinkwithme (Dauntless - Instant Vintage) talk about some parents! His were superb. Now he has to make a name for himself. Closing is his best attribute, so he needs to stay clear early to get close late.
5. Gm's Dale (Deerfield Site* - Steffie's Charm) has shown some great early speed and even up 2 grades in this race, he is not out of it. Posted up well here, he needs to come out running in this effort.
6. Kiowa Vanessa (Flying Hydrogen - Greg Kiowa Girl) is coming into this race off a win in her last effort in grade A. She went box to wire for that win and will need to hit the lid again if she wants to repeat.
7. Where's Playtime (Dodgem By Design - Uss Agenda) climbed her way back to grade A with a big front running win in her last effort. She is short, short, short late and will need a ton early if she wants to challenge at the wire.
8. Miss Kate (Fuzzys Cannon - Miss Kissable) is as tough as nails close to the early lead in the race. Here from an undesirable post position, she will need to find her break if she wants to contend.
Fay's Fonda looks to be the one to beat in this effort. She is on roll, she has the best early speed, and she gets a great post position to start from. Everything is going good for her, she just needs to execute in order to make it 4 straight. So who could beat her? Kiowa Smedley can! This greyhound is as fast as he wants to be and from the inside post positions he is extremely dangerous. Two races back from this post, he smoked home for the easy win. If he comes out too close to the early lead, no one will be able to stop him before the finish line. Comedrinkwithme is probably the best closer in the bunch and will be making up much ground at the end of the race. Now back over 550 he is looking better getting back accustom to this distance. Winning might be a stretch today, but you never know. Gm's Dale might be an outsider in this field, but you have to respect that early speed, especially in the matinee cards. Despite his effort 2 races back, he has been in the trifecta 5 other times, including a pair of victories. I know he is in tougher. I know he will have to step up. I know winning might be too much to ask, but factoring for the majority of this race near the lead. I think he might be up for that.