Saturday - 2/6/2010
It's time for the best of the best over 660 yards to compete for the title of champion in the 2010 Orange Park Derby. The finals will run on Saturday Evening February 6, 2010 in the 11th race on the card.
Don't forget on Saturday Evening we will also be running our Sweet Winning Promotion where we give away sweet treats along with sweet cash in the 5th, 7th, 9th, and 11th races.
1. Uss Fine Touch (Uss Raceway - Uss Glimmer) has shown loads of early speed over 660 yards and draw a very advantageous post position in this final round race. He is coming off a rough start and needs to get back breaking quick if he is going to contend in this effort.
2. Bad For Ya (Trent Lee - Leafs Flying) has been nothing but exceptional over 660 yards so far. Winning 6 of 10, and finishing in the money in 9 of those starts, he will be a force to be reckoned with in this effort, that is if he can find his break and get out of the starting box.
3. Gs Ashlynn (Rapido Rambo - Gm's Cutie) is starting to figure this whole 660 yard thing out. The more races she runs, the better she has done. Early speed is her best weapon and a big break would go a long way to help her out in this race, especially from a tough inside post position.
4. La's Lucy (Get Over - Ruby Is The Best) is another Get Over greyhound in a stakes final. GO FIGURE! Lucy was the pre-race favorite and did nothing to lose that crown in the qualifying rounds. She won 3 of 4 and posted up the best time in the process. She will most likely be the betting favorite tonight.
5. Xtra Style (Kl's Doug - Exceptional Bid) is the only real big time closer in this race and if there is trouble on or near the early lead, she might have a shot at the upset in this one. Another added bonus for her is the post position. She loves the 5 BOX! With 6 wins in 7 starts from here, she might just surprise them all in this race.
6. Eds Budby (Domingo Dodge - Cherokee Queen) took his game to a whole new level in the stakes rounds. He was the leader in points by winning 3 of 4 and finishing in the quiniela throughout. He is no one trick pony as he can win with or without the early lead. He will factor, and with no speed around, he has a good chance to steal the title.
7. Holly Noelle (Cricket Express - Solitary Camile) is up with the big boys and girls here and will need to step up her game if she wants to put on the big upset. B & J has done it in the past, ie see Se's Top Speed, but she will need to come out running again in this effort if she has any though of a win tonight.
8. Rays Scout (My Judge - Ivyona Star) is from a talented litter that almost all competed in the qualifying rounds. He was the last one standing and hopes his early speed is enough to get him home a winner. Posted up well away from the crowd, he might have an unabated shot at the lead tonight. Holding on to it might just be the real task in this effort.
Everyone tonight is going to show up and come out running. I believe that the 2 greyhound Bad For Ya is going to break extremely close and will take over the lead in the early stages of this race. WHY? Because, the 3 Gs Ashlynn is going to break and go wide from the starting box and he is going to have all kinds of room to run thru the early turn. If La's Lucy clears ahead of the 3 from the 4 box and gets a clean run, then she might just be the one to beat in this race. I think it is going to be hard for her to come out unscathed, especially since Ashlynn has been breaking much better as of late. Another party to challenge for the front and maybe even get there is Rays Scout and Uss Fine Touch. Both have the goods to get it done, but Scout has the better chance as he is far outside and away from the hustle and bustle of the crowd. Drawback for both is that they are short, short, short once they are passed in a race. Don't count out Eds Budby either. This greyhound is sitting between two that might come out of the box really slowly. He might just gets some room early too and as the second best closer in the field, he might have a shot at the leaders for the long haul.
At the break look for Rays Scout, La's Lucy, and Bad for Ya to come out running. Scout should be in the front with Bad For Ya on his heels. Lucy will be just off and Eds Budby will be chasing on the inside. Scout will continue on the lead to the far turn and that is where Bad for Ya takes over. Lucy and Budby will continue to drive and at the far turn it is a three greyhound race for the finish line. Bad For Ya digs in deep late and survives at the finish line just ahead of Lucy and Budby at the wire. Scout fades back a bit late, but still holds on in the superfecta.