As always the Orange Park Kennel Club is proud to offer up some fantastic greyhound and races this weekend.
Several of your favorites will be in competition, along with some up and coming greyhounds. All will be looking to steal away the win and if everything plays out the way it is suppose to, there could be some very interesting finishes.
Whether you like early speed ankle burners, or maybe your forte is the big time closers, in these feature races we have something for everyone.
Will the speed steal the day, or will the big finishers rule? No one knows for sure, so let's get ready for yet another exciting weekend here at the Orange Park Kennel Club.
Things kick off over the added distance in the 15th race for Friday evening.
1. Se's We Goin Too (P's Skidway - We Goin Sizzler) loves this post position. She break extremely well from there and has a win showing 5 starts back. She will need to hit it again if she wants to upset.
2. Jjb Good As Gold (Lonesome Cry - Joe's My Man) runs his best when he is close to the early lead. In his last couple of races he has not made it out of the box. He needs to turn it around and hit the lid tonight.
3. Kiowa Trent Tam (Trent Lee - Kay V Barbierie) is back at the 660 yard course and so far so good. She has been in the mix throughout and gets another good rail post here. If she breaks, she has a chance to win.
4. Kelsos Kingsize (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Dea's Hazy Day) gets room early on with the empty post, and he is going to need it. He must be close early to be effective and his break has left him as of late. Breaking fast is his only hope here.
5. Hallo My Pear (Hallo West Acre - Kiowa Chil Cavel) has really matured into a solid grade A greyhound over 660 yards. Ok so she is short late, who cares. She gives her all, factors throughout, and even wins some. Expect the normal hard effort.
6. Gabe Candice (Flying Penske - Home Town Charm) is a big time closer over any distance and can come on with the best of them in the stretch. Sometime she waits too long and it costs her. If she is too close to early, this field could be in trouble.
7. Kiowa Unnat (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Quik Superhero) might be moving up in grade but he seems ready for the task. He has not missed the trifecta in 6 straight, and has flourished from the outside. If it goes his way, he could steal a win tonight.
8. La's Lucy (Get Over - Ruby Is The Best) is riding high on a 4 race win streak and is clearly the greyhound to beat in this effort. She can win with or without the lead & once in front, the race is over. Tonight from a great post, she should be up to the call again.
This race should be an easy on to figure out. La's Lucy is clearly the class of this field and if she wants to run, this race is already over. She has just dominated over the last month or so and from another good post draw, she is going to break close and prove best at the finish line. Challenging here should be Kiowa Unnat. I don't care about the move back up in grade. He has been bringing it and will again in this effort. He is not short either at the end of the race and should rally into the place position in the later stages of this effort. With back to back wins over former stakes finalist and a second place effort behind the 2010 Orange Park Derby winner, I would say he is up for this task. Se's We Goin Too gets a look for a couple of reasons. She has been running tough as of late, but mostly because she draws the one box. She loves it in red and gives her best efforts from the starting box. If she gets loose on the early lead, this field is going to have their hands full. Let's not forget Hallo My Pear. What a greyhound this little guy has turned into. He has been breaking very well, leading races, and even though he is short at the end, he has even held on for some victories. He will break, should be in the lead, and factor throughout once again in this effort. (8-7-1-5)
Saturday - 5/1/2010
It's stakes veteran time in the 11th race for Saturday matinee at the Orange Park Kennel Club.
1. Lorna's Cannon (Fuzzys Cannon - Instant Vintage) is a dangerous greyhound when she gets loose in any races. She has all out raw speed and can tap it whenever she wants. From her best box, she could wake up and run today.
2. Kelsos Scallywag (Dodgem By Design - Kelsos Smallfry) has been a breaking machine as of late. No greyhound has been able to beat her to the turn, but in the stretch she has paid for it. She loves the rail and should factor on the lead again in this race.
3. Hanks Marsbar (Dodgem By Design - Hanks Cool Cat*) has climbed his way back into grade A. he is a stalking, closing type of runner that need to get out of the box to be effective. The post is working for him here, let's see if he is up to the task.
4. Kiowa Vanessa (Flying Hydrogen - Greg Kiowa Girl) is a solid grade A competitor that can close fast on any greyhound in the stretch. Who only drawback is that she can find trouble if she waits too long to hit the switch. The room early will help, but she needs to want it.
5. La's Anthony (Dustin The Way - La's Felisha) this 8 time stakes finalist, needs no introduction. He can do it all and should be the one to beat here. He can win on the lead or from off the pace, and the extra room early on aides in this effort. Today he is the one to take down!
6. Where's Trentlee (Trent Lee - Izz Our Hen) is up in A after winning 3 of his last 4 races, including his last 2 in a row. Over his head a bit today? Maybe, but with his closing ability and never say quit attitude, you never know.
7. Fth Tiger Lilly (Take It Over - Fth Moon Dancer) is a long way from the rail, but if she breaks she might be able to get there. This solid chaser will need to be close early if she wants to be effective late in this effort.
8. Trak Action (Dodgem By Design - Ww Ellen's Time) has really started to run tough again since moving back from 660 yards to 550 yards. He hasn't missed the money in 5 straight starts and gets a good outside post today. Upset minded, we will see.
This race could be quite a heated battle on the early lead. No doubt to be who will be in the front in the early stages, Kelsos Scallywag, but can she hold it all the way to the wire? Now that is the question. She has been very successful with 5 quiniela finishes in a row and 3 of them have come from this post position. If she can steal enough early, and get some help behind her, she might just win again today. But with a savvy stakes veteran chasing you, that might be a moot point. La's Anthony is still the class of this field and should be the one to be consider the favorite. Ok, so he might not make the lead, he doesn't need to. He just has to be close to the lead in order to win it at the wire. If he can get out and get to the rail untouched, this race is over. Lorna's Cannon might be the sleeper pick that might get overlooked. She loves it on the rail and ran the best race of her young career wearing red. She breaks very well from here and if she decides to come out running, she might have enough to get to the lead and steal away the win. Even without the lead, she still has enough left in the tank late to get up on the lead before the finish line too. You never know what you are going to get with her. If she wants to run, WATCH OUT! Fth Tiger Lilly might not have a win showing, but she runs her heart out and is in contention in almost all of her efforts. She has been in the trifecta in 3 of her last 5 effort and she just missed in the other two. The one to pay attention to was the strong second place effort 2 races ago. Running down the best greyhound at the racetrack in the stretch, that was enough to make me take notice and become a fan. Here she must come out close if she wants a chance at the money. (5-2-1-7)
Saturday - 5/1/2010
Saturday night in the 15th and final race on the card, the Queen of the building is in action!
1. Miss Kate (Fuzzys Cannon - Miss Kissable) is a great breaker, rusher, closer that can contend from all over the racetrack. Here in a good rail post, she should factor with the leaders for the duration of this effort.
2. Bad For Ya (Trent Lee - Leafs Flying) flourished over 660 yards, and now he is making a name for himself again over 550. He is a big time closer over the shorter course and will be flying up late to challenge again here.
3. Pat C Pearl Drop (Lonesome Cry - Pat C Velvet Sis) might be a touch over her head in this effort, but if she can get out of the starting box at all, she might have an outside chance. She runs evenly, so a big break will be the key to her success.
4. Citation Cam (Flying Penske - Ctw Miss Kelly) is an all out ankle burner that has won several grade A's and stakes rounds here at the Orange Park Kennel Club. Sure she is short, but not till she is passed. If she steal a lead and gets some help, she might post up another win tonight.
5. Awesomeofcourse (Trent Lee - Ctw Miss Kelly) half sibling to Cam, this greyhound posses the same early speed attribute. Solid in A since coming to OP, this greyhound must break as well in order to be effective. The good news for him is, he NORMALLY does come out fast.
6. Bh's Dotimyway (Lonesome Cry - Yip Happy) is an on again, off again type of greyhound that can win by 5 or run even and never vary throughout. If he is close to the early lead, his effort increases. So a quick start would be a good start for a winning effort.
7. Kiowa Top Design (Dodgem By Design - Flying Acme) has been breaking close and winning more than his share of races as of late. With 3 wins in 4 efforts and 5 of 6 in the money at the wire, you have to respect the effort. If this late speed greyhounds gets around, keep an eye out for him at the wire.
8. Rs Libby Lu (Lonesome Cry - Sweet Sandra Sue) even though she might have not won her last two races, she is still the one to beat in this effort. The best sprinter at the racetrack draws clear on the outside. She breaks & starts off a new win streak again in this race.
This race is really going to be something to watch. Early on it is going to almost be a match race. Loads of speed from Rs Libby Lu and Citation Cam. Both greyhounds have the ability to see the front in this race and which either one does, the other one will be in close pursuit. The difference maker will be how long they can last on that lead. Cam is a bit shorter then Libby Lu is and in the end that will be why she takes home the victory. In the far turn and in the stretch the DQ entries will throw their hats into the mix as well. Bad For Ya is an ultra closer and he will be gaining on everyone and everything in front of him. He will not be surrendering just because he was not on the early pace. If he can clear close from this inside post, he will have a chance to take home the win at the wire. Miss Kate must get a look too. Forget the last effort, loads of trouble, but pay attention to the others. With 4 trifectas in 4 starts, this little girl really makes things happen out there. With enough early to get close and enough late to hang around and challenge, she will make the most of the post and find a way to contend. (8-2-4-1)
Sunday - 5/2/2010
Wrapping up the weekend in the 7th race on the card for Sunday matinee.
1. Kb's Next Level (Dodgem By Design - Bf Pina) is a whole different greyhound from this post position. She always breaks from here and when she sees the lead in a matinee race, she is tough to beat. Today expect her to wake up and show off her skills.
2. Sassy Gloria (Fuzzys Cannon - Sassy Nan) is as fast as she wants to be and the streaky switch has been flipped on. That last race was huge and from this favorable post position, you get more of the same today. Watch her romp!
3. Gm's Cashmen (Dodgem By Design - Gs Gertie) is coming off a big time win in his last effort where the early speeder, came from off the pace to get it done at the wire. Posted well in this effort, he will be a threat throughout to whomever is in control of this effort.
4. Gs Shabam (Dodgem By Design - Gs Gertie) the name might not be as recognizable as his brother Cashmen, but he is no slouch in his own right. He has won 2 of 4 races, including his last in grade A. He too is tough near the lead, so a good break will be needed.
5. Ah's Tang (Golddust Memory - Ah's India) broke out of the funk in his last effort as he hit the lid and controlled the race all the way to the wire for the surprise victory. Can he do it in back to back efforts? We will have to wait and see.
6. Whatever Works (Dodgem By Design - Ww Ellen's Time) will need to be able to get to the rail in this race is she wants to compete. Even without a big break, she has enough closing speed to contend in the stretch. The only question is can she overcome the finicky post position?
7. Kiowa Gooddesign (Dodgem By Design - Flying Acme) has everything going for him in this effort. He likes it outside, has enough early speed to contend, and could steal away on the lead for the win. Look back 3 races, that is just what you might get today.
8. Lk Fly Bye (Rj's Gary B - Carols Best Girl) is in tough in this race. She is up a couple of grades here and will have to deal with some top notch greyhounds. The post is in her favor, but she must break close if she wants a chance at all against this field.
Down on the rail should be the title for this race. The one, two, and three boxes are going to be critical to who this race plays out. Jumping to the lead will probably be Kb's Next Level. She just never seems to miss from this starting box, especially in matinee races. Surviving all the way to the wire might just be another subject though. She has done it before and might again today, but Sassy Gloria and Gm's Cashman might have something to say about that. More so for Gloria as she runs much better from off the pace than Cashman has in the past. She clearly is the one that should be the favorite to win this race. Just look at her last effort. The hot water tap is on and flowing at full force, get on board now. Cashman cannot be left out of this equation either. He is hot off a win as well and if he gets around close, he has a shot at hitting the bulls eye at the finish line. Whether he wins or not is up for debate, but him finishing in the money should not be in this race. The other greyhound to consider is Kiowa Gooddesign. This greyhound is the sleeper pick in this effort. Why? He has enough early speed to even beat Next Level to the lead if the mood suits him. He too is short in the stretch, but has held on late to win his share of races as well. Just look back 3 starts, were he broke from a similar post position and wired the field on the lead for the victory. More realistically, he should factor early, weaken late, and find a spot in the superfecta at the finish line. (2-3-1-7)